Jump to navigation Jump to search
Interstate 95 (Maine Turnpike) to Exit 63 "Gray" Route 26. Take Route 26 North.
- The Mountain Explorer - a free shuttle providing shuttle service between Bethel Village and the Sunday River Ski Resort.
- Patte Brook Auto Tour. A five-mile (8-km) self-guided tour into the White Mountain National Forest that you can read and print from this link
- Grafton Notch State Park (Follow State Route 26 north). The Appalachian Trail passes through this rugged landscape used to hike, fish, hunt, and in the winter snowmobile and cross-country ski. Breathtaking views from Old Speck Mountain.
- [dead link] Big Adventure Center, 12 North Rd, ☎ . Laser tag, rock climbing, mini golf, bowling, water slides.
- Sunday River, Sunday River Rd (off Rt. 2 north of town), toll-free: . 131 trails and 18 lifts. Large resort with summer alpine activities and always something happening.
- Mt. Abram, 308 Howe Hill Rd, Greenwood, ME, ☎ .
- Sunday River Golf Club, ☎ . Robert Trent Jones, Jr. course with 18 holes, par 72, 7,130 yards, CR75.2, slope 146. $95, cart included.
- Bethel Inn & Country Club, 1 Broad St, ☎ , fax: . Par 72, 6,663 yards, CR71.3 Slope 131.
Cafés & bakeries
- Café DiCocoa and Dicocoa's Market Bakery, 119 and 125 Main St, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. A cozy café-restaurant serving up pastries and a wide selection of coffee and hot drinks throughout the day, and then global cuisine at night. The market, which is next door, is filled with groceries, coffee and wine from around the globe.
- The Good Food Store, 212 Mayville Rd, ☎ , e-mail: GoodFood@goodfoodbethel.com. Great selection of natural foods and drinks, along with a made-to-order sandwich service. Fine wines and cheeses, specialty beers, great soups, heat and eat meals, organic and local produce. The area's best catering.
Suds Pub, the Matterhorn, Liam's, and other local establishments also serve pizza.
- Bethel's Best Pizza, Subs, & Ice Cream, 160 West Bethel Rd, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Serves breakfast, a wide variety of pizza, subs, panini sandwiches, and all sorts of ice cream treats. Delivery available to houses, condos, or hotel rooms anywhere in Bethel and surrounding towns including Sunday River.
- Home Slice Pizza, Lower Main Street (at the intersection of Railroad Street), ☎ . Pizza, subs, tacos, stuffed breadsticks available. Delivery and take-out available.
- [formerly dead link] New York Pizza, 119 Skiway Rd, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. (Newry). Authentic New York pizza and sub take-out shop on the Sunday River access road. NY Pizza is now part of the Barking Dawg Market.
- Pat's Pizza Family Restaurant, 37 Mayville Rd, ☎ . Full-service homemade pizza restaurant, also featuring homemade soup, lasagna, and chicken and eggplant parm. Also has full liquor bar with micro-brew drafts, wine and bottled beers.
- Suds Pub, 151 Main St, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Great pizza, take out, 29 beers on tap, live entertainment Th-Sa.
- Smokin' Good BBQ, 212 Mayville Rd (Rt 2) (Orange Trailer at the Good Food Store), ☎ . Th-Su 11:30AM-7:30PM. Finest fresh meat, dry rubbed with secret spices and slowly smoked with local hardwood. Served up with homemade sides and some attitude.
- Sudbury Inn, 151 Main St, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. Roasted rack of lamb, duckling with maple blueberry glaze are served by the fire. Excellent service and wine list.
- Anthony’s Seafood & Pasta, 32 Main St, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Summer only, M-Sa. Fine dining in three intimate dining rooms. Extensive wine list. Monthly Wine tasting Dinners featuring wines and foods of different countries and/or regions. Mains $18-28.
- Funky Red Barn.
- Jolly Drayman at the Briar Lea Inn.
- Matterhorn Ski Bar. On the way to Sunday River in Newry, the Matterhorn is only open during ski season.
- Shipyard Brew Haus. At Sunday River's White Cap lodge.
- Sudbury Inn. Try hoot night on Thursdays.
- Sunday River Brewing Company, ☎ . Also goes by Moose's Tale Food and Ale, and StoneCoast Brewing Co.
Bed & Breakfasts, inns and motels
- The Briar Lea Inn, 150 Mayville Rd, ☎ , fax: , e-mail: email@example.com. Open year round. Five miles from Sunday River, features six rooms and an English pub. $79-149.
- The Victoria Inn, 32 Main St, toll-free: , fax: , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Redone historic 19th-century inn with 14 elegantly decoarted rooms and loft bedroom suites.
- Austin's Holidae House Bed & Breakfast, 85 Main St, ☎ , fax: , e-mail: email@example.com. Open year round. Seven-room Victorian inn in the heart of Bethel.
- Chapman Inn, 1 Mill Hill Rd, ☎ , fax: , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Quaint inn in Bethel's historic district.
- [dead link] Crocker Pond House, 917 North Rd, ☎ , fax: , e-mail: email@example.com. Friendly architect-designed home bed and breakfast "with beauty inside and out".
- Inn at the Rostay, 186 Mayville Rd, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Motel/inn five minutes down the road from Sunday River.
- L'Auberge Country Inn and Bistro, 15 L'Auberge Lane, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. 6 rooms in a casual inn with a great restaurant.
- Norseman Inn & Motel, 134 Mayville Rd, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. The motel, which has 22 rooms, and the inn, 8 rooms, is five minutes down the road from Sunday River.
- Rivendell House B&B, 16 Park St, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. Homey renovated farmhouse with two rooms.
- Sudbury Inn, 151 Main St, toll-free: , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Circa 1873, the Sudbury offers 18 rooms with seven suites and a three bedroom apartment. Excellent fine dining restaurant and the lively "Sud's Pub" all under one roof. Recommended by Bon Appetit as "the perfect way to end a day".
- Sunday River Inn, 23 Skiway Rd, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. (Newry). Family-oriented inn with a cross-country skiing center, a 1/2 mile away from Sunday River.
- Bethel Spa Motel, 88 Main St, toll-free: , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. In the heart of Bethel on the Mountain Explorer Shuttle route with direct access to Sunday River.
- The SnowBoarding House, 646 West Bethel Rd, ☎ , e-mail: info@BethelOutdoorAdventure.com. All-season hostel with 18 total beds. Bed price is from $19.
- The Bethel Inn Resort, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. On the Common. 150 room resort on 200 acres, featuring an 18-hole golf course, fine and casual dining, fitness center, ski and snowshoe center, tennis court, and more.
Chalets & rental homes
- Glen House, 42 Wilderness Dr, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. (Newry). Luxurious 9-bedroom mountain estate on the Sunday River Golf Course with free door-to-door trolley service to the Mountain. All the amenities of a top resort (and then some!), but with the conveniences of home.
- [dead link] Locke Mountain Cabin, 129 Sunday River Rd, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. Five minutes from Sunday River.
- [dead link] Chalet on the Mountain, 18 Walters Way, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. (Newry). Cozy mountain house has 4 bedrooms along the Roadrunner trail in Sunday River.
- [formerly dead link] The Grand Summit Hotel, toll-free: . Sunday River Ski Resort. Upscale 230 room hotel featuring two restaurants, a health club and a heated outdoor pool and a true slopiside location.
- [formerly dead link] Jordan Grand Hotel, toll-free: . Sunday River Ski Resort. 195 room hotel slopeside to the Lollapalooza trail with a health club, heated outdoor pool and hot tub, and two restaurants.
- [formerly dead link] Snow Cap Inn, toll-free: . Sunday River Ski Resort. Cozy mountainside lodging featuring a fitness room, outdoor pool and ski lockers a short walk away from the slopes.
- 1 Bethel Area Chamber of Commerce, 8 Station Place. Free internet access via Wi-Fi or kiosk and local phone calls.
|Routes through Bethel|
|St. Johnsbury ← Gorham ← Jct S ←||W E||→ Newry → Bangor|
|Andover ← Newry ←||N S||→ Jct E → Fryeburg|
|Jct S ← Newry ←||N S||→ Jct N → Paris → Portland|
|END ←||N S||→ Jct E → Bridgton|