Sátoraljaújhely (Hungarian pronunciation: [ˈʃaːtorɒjjɒuːjhɛj], German: Neustadt am Zeltberg, Slovak: Nové Mesto pod Šiatrom, Yiddish: איהעל or אוהעלי) is a town in Borsod-Abaúj-Zemplén County on the border with Slovakia. It is 82 km (51 mi) east from the county capital Miskolc.
Nearby town Pálháza is also described here.
Sátor-alja (meaning "under the tent", referring to the tent-shaped hill nearby) was a settlement from the Conquest of Hungary until the Tatars destroyed the town. It was rebuilt in the 13th century, although there was disagreement among the citizens concerning the name: some wanted to keep the original name, and some wanted to rename it új hely ("new place").
Sátoraljaújhely was granted town status in 1261 by King Stephen V, and a castle was also built around that time. It has often played an important role in the region's history: revolts against Habsburg rule began there in the 17th and 18th centuries.
Sátoraljaújhely has always been an important town in culture. Ferenc Kazinczy, one of the reformers of the Hungarian language, lived here in the 18th century. At the turn of the 20th century the town was home to a small but important Jewish community: some 4,500 of the town's 13,000 residents were Jewish.
- 1 Tourinform Zemplén, Hősök tere 3, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. M–F 09:00–17:00. Tourist information. Maps, free brochures, souvenirs. Bike rental: weekdays: 2500 Ft per day, weekends: 4000 Ft per day.
Slovenské Nové Mesto
Slovenské Nové Mesto (Újhely) Train Station is in Slovakia, but very close to Sátoraljaújhely. Trains are available from Košice (Kassa) in every 1–2 hours. The journey takes about an hour, and costs €3.35. Other direct connections are: Čierna nad Tisou (Tiszacsernyő), Kyiv (Ukraine).
There is no local public transport service. You can use the regional buses operated by Volánbusz.
By narrow-gauge train
Pálháza State Forest Railway (Pálházi Állami Erdei Vasút) operates narrow-gauge trains between Pálháza and Rostalló. The trains are operated only between March 15 and November 3. The ticket costs for adult: 800 Ft; for senior, student: 600 Ft.
- 3 Pálháza narrow-gauge railway station, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 4 Rostalló narrow-gauge railway station.
- Taxi Sátoraljaújhely, ☏ .
- 1 Ferenc Kazinczy Museum (Kazinczy Ferenc Múzeum), Dózsa György utca 11, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Tu–Su 09:00–17:00. Former town hall, one-story historic building. In 1827 was built by Károly Sennyei in Classicist style. Regional museum, a unit of the Petőfi Literary Museum (Petőfi Irodalmi Múzeum). Documenting, collecting and preserving historical, ethnographic and archaeological monuments of Sátoraljaújhely and the Zemplén region. Mapping the natural history of the Zemplén Mountains and the Bodrogköz. Permanent exhibitions: In the Wake of a Lost Castle (archaeological exhibition about Castle of Sátoraljaújhely), The Beautiful and the Good (history of Ferenc Kazinczy), Foresters Guide (natural values of Zemplén landscapes). Adult: 800 Ft; senior, student: 400 Ft.
- 2 Prison Museum (Börtönmúzeum – A Magyar Büntetés-Végrehajtás Múzeumi Kiállítóhelye), Kazinczy Ferenc utca 35, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Tu–F 08:00–16:00, Sa 08:00–13:00. It was built according to plans of Gyõzõ Czigler. The exhibition presents the overall historical and professional development of the penitentiary, the Hungarian penal systems and the situation of those serving their sentences. Visitors can learn about punitive, mutilation and death sentences, and the development and transformation of imprisonment. The exhibition also presents the current system, the life, education, employment and art of prisoners. Adult: 700 Ft; senior, student: 300 Ft.
- 3 Museum of Hungarian Language (Magyar Nyelv Múzeuma), Kazinczy Ferenc utca 275, Széphalom, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Apr–Oct: Tu–Su 09:00–17:00; Nov–Mar: Tu–Su 08:00–16:00. The museum conveys the culture of the mother tongue, presenting the history of the Hungarian language, the achievements of linguistics, and the interaction of languages and language variants. Based on the materials of its own and other public collections, it is a venue for permanent and periodic exhibitions, researches and public education opportunities. Adult: 800 Ft; senior, student: 400 Ft (also valid for Ferenc Kazinczy Memorial Hall).
- 4 Town Hall (Városháza), Kossuth Lajos tér 5. Baroque building of the former Zemplén comitatus where Ferenc Kazinczy worked, built between 1754 and 1768. The one-story main building is an ornament of the city center. Its Baroque gate above it has a small overhanging balcony, from which Lajos Kossuth's first speech in 1831 was delivered. Behind the three elevated windows in the center of the main facade is the ornate hall of the former county council, with its wooden painted gallery. The archives of Zemplén County were created on the first floor of the north wing of the building, and the baroque cabinet line made in 1776 is still in use today. Ferenc Kazinczy has been working in the archives for many years, remembering the bust of Pál Pátzay set up in the inner courtyard of the town hall.
- 5 Dwelling Houses (Lakóházak), Kossuth Lajos tér. Most one-storey buildings were built in Romantic–Eclectic style around 1860.
- 6 Saint Stephen of Hungary Roman Catholic Parish Church (Szent István király római katolikus plébániatemplom), Széchenyi tér, ☏ . Built between 1768–1792 in late-Baroque style, extended in 1909.
- 7 Assumption Pauline-Piarist Church and Monastery (Nagyboldogasszony pálos-piarista templom és rendház), Deák utca 14, ☏ . The early Gothic church (1280's), later was rebuilt in the Baroque facade. The "white friars" or Pauline monks began to build the monastery in the second half of the 13th century. The 14th-century early Gothic church of what is now the Piarist monastery, again in church ownership, gained its Baroque front in a later reconstruction. The Baroque high altar is by the sculptor János György Strécius of Lőcse. Ferenc Rákóczi was added the small chapel to the southern side of the church. The Pauline martyr György Csepellény, the counter-Reformation activist, rests in the crypt.
- 8 Reformed Church (Református templom), Petőfi Sándor utca 7, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Built between 1784 and 1789 in Zopf style in a courtyard. The nave has a trapezoidal closure. On the ledge of clock is a pyramid-ended, tin tower.
- 9 Saint Nicholas Bishop Greek Catholic Church (Szent Miklós püspök görög katolikus templom), Mártírok útja 49. Baroque origin, rebuilt in 1868.
- 10 Tomb of Rabbi Moshe Teitelbaum (Teitelbaum Mózes csodarabbi sírja), Pataki utca 2, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. M–F Su 10:00–16:00. A place of pilgrimage, located in an abandoned Jewish cemetery. Moshe Teitelbaum, also known as the Yismach Moshe, was the Rebbe of Sátoraljaújhely. An adherent of the Polish Hasidic Rebbe, Yaakov Yitzchak of Lublin, Teitelbaum was instrumental in bringing Hasidic Judaism to Hungary. Though initially opposed to Hassidism, after his son-in-law introduced him to Horowitz, he soon became an adherent. Teitelbaum first served as a rabbi in Przemyśl, and later in Sátoraljaújhely, where he was called in 1808. In Sátoraljaújhely he founded a Hassidic congregation which was independent of the Galician leaders.
- 11 Waldbott Mansion (Waldbott-kastély), Hősök tere 10. Built in the 18th century in Baroque style.
- 12 Wine Church (Bortemplom). Built in 1913 by Ede Thoroczkai Wigand, used as trading house for wine. The frontage is decorated with the coat of arms of the market towns of Hegyalja.
- 13 Zsólyomka Wine Cellars (Zólyomkai pincesor), Felsőzsólyomka utca. Wine tasting, buying. A unique rows of wine cellars. The cellars are on both sides of a small creek. Previously lived in the area for all, now only one or two elderly people live habitually here.
- 14 Observation Tower (Kilátó), Magas-hegy. Free to visit.
- 15 Hungarian Calvary (Magyar Kálvária), Szár-hegy. It is a historic memorial above the town cut in two by Treaty of Trianon. The Hungarian Calvary remembers one of the darkest days of Hungarian history, the Treaty of Trianon, and honors the country parts and cities annexed at that time. At the top of the calvary, there is the Saint Stephen Chapel and the 100th National Flag Memorial Place. Free to visit.
- 16 Ruins of Castle of Sátoraljaújhely (Sátoraljaújhelyi vár romjai), Várhegy. Archeological Site. Free to visit.
- 17 Ferenc Kazinczy Memorial Hall (Kazinczy Ferenc Emlékcsarnok), Kazinczy Ferenc utca 275, Széphalom, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Apr–Oct: Tu–Su 09:00–17:00; Nov–Mar: 08:00–16:00. Built in 1873 in neo-Classicist style. Designed by Miklós Ybl on the site of the derelict Kazinczy Mansion. It contains an exhibition evoking the life of the writer, organiser of literary life and neologist. The building was made of the carved stone and imitates a Greek church. Opposite the Memorial Hall, Ferenc Kazinczy rests in his tomb. 400 Ft.
- 18 Reformed Church (Református templom), Petőfi Sándor utca, Felsőregmec. Built in the 12–13th century in Romanesque style.
- 19 Castle of Füzér (Füzér vára), Várhegy, Füzér, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Mar 15–Jun 14 Sep 1–Oct 23: 10:00–18:00; Jun 15–Aug 31: 09:00–18:00; Oct 24–Mar 14: Tu–Su 10:00–16:00. Medieval castle on a hill of volcanic origin in the immediate vicinity of Füzér. The first written mention of it dates from 1264, though it was probably before the Mongol invasion. It is believed that it was built by the Aba genus in the Árpád-age, and is unique in being one of the first privately owned stone castles in Hungary. In the 13th century II. Andrew bought the castle, which was part of the royal estate until the Mongol invasion, and returned to the Abas by donation. After the Battle of Rozgony, Charles Robert confiscated it and became the property of Drugeth and then Perényi. When Gábor Perényi died without a son in 1567, the castle first became part of the Báthori family, then the Nádasdy family. After the Wesselényi conspiracy, the castle was confiscated and burned and left behind by the imperial army. The value of the building complex, which collapsed over the centuries, was recognized again during the Romantic period and from that time on it became a part of heritage protection. Archaeological excavations were carried out in 1977, renovation works began in 1992, and between 2014–2016 the so-called lower castle was built, the castle chapel, palace wing and lower bastion of the Upper Castle were rebuilt, making it one of the best medieval castles in Hungary today. Adult: 2500 Ft; senior, student: 2000 Ft.
- 20 Nagy-Milic Nature Park Visitor Center and Castle Conservancy (Nagy-Milic Natúrpark Látogatóközpont és Várgondnokság), Petőfi Sándor út 3/a, Füzér, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Mar 15–Oct 23: 09:00–17.00; Oct 24–Mar 14: 10:00–16:00. The museum shows the past of the village and the castle, as well as the natural and cultural values and traditions of the area. Adult: 500 Ft; senior, student: 400 Ft.
- 21 Heritage Museum (Tájház Porták), Szabadság út 7-11, Füzér, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Mar 15–Oct 23: 09:00–17.00; Oct 24–Mar 14: 10:00–16:00. There are two buildings. The older building was built in 1879, which shows the peasant culture and lifestyle. The newer building, the House of Past Reminiscence, has the ambience of taking visitors back to the 1940–1970s and giving them an insight into their development between the two periods. Interactive tools in the building allow you to discover exciting stories and old photos, along with the customs and traditions of that time.
- 22 Reformed Church (Református templom), Szabadság út, Füzér. Built in the 18th century.
- 23 Roman Catholic Church (Római katolikus templom), Árpád utca 1, Füzér. Built in the 13th century in Romanesque style. Reconstructed in Baroque style in 1759.
- 24 Károlyi Observation Tower (Károlyi-kilátó), Füzér. Observation tower on the top of Kis-Milic, 880 m (2,890 ft) a.s.l.
- 25 Nagy-Milic, Füzér. The largest mountain in Zemplén Mountains, on the border with Slovakia, 895 m (2,936 ft) a.s.l.
- 26 Palace Garden (Kastélypark), Gróf Károlyi Ede út 1, Füzérradvány, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Nov–Mar: 08:00–18:00; Apr–Oct: 07:00–20:00. Nature reserve. The 100 hectares (250 acres) park was built by the Károlyi family in the early 1800s. Adult: 850 Ft; senior, student: 550 Ft.
- Károlyi Palace (Károlyi-kastély). Closed due to reconstruction. Built in the 18th century in Baroque style. Converted and extended between 1857–1859 in Romantic–Eclectic style according to the plans of Miklós Ybl.
- 27 Roman Catholic Church (Római katolikus templom), Táncsics Mihály utca 10, Füzérradvány. Built in 1830 in late-Baroque style.
- 28 Reformed Church (Református templom), Kossuth Lajos utca, Füzérradvány. Built between 1788–1789.
- 29 Art Gallery, Táncsics Mihály utca 1, Füzérradvány, ☏ . By appointment only.
- 30 Hollóháza Porcelain Industrial History Exhibition Site (Hollóházi Porcelán Ipartörténeti Kiállítóhely), Károlyi út 11, Hollóháza, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Tu–Sa 09:30–16:30. The museum presents the history of porcelain production in chronological order with physical and written memories. Adult: 1200 Ft, senior: 800 Ft, student: 700 Ft.
- 31 Castle of János Observation Tower (János vára-kilátó), János Hill, Kovácsvágás. Free to visit.
- 32 Heritage House (Tájház), Fő utca 50, Kovácsvágás, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 33 Reformed Church (Református templom), Ady Endre utca, Kovácsvágás. Built between 1807–1815 in late-Baroque style.
- 34 Greek Catholic Church (Görög katolikus templom), Gábor Áron utca, Mikóháza. Built in 1769 in late-Baroque style.
- 35 Observation Tower on Fekete Hill (Fekete-hegyi kilátó), Mikóháza. Free to visit.
- 36 Perlite Exhibition (Perlitkiállítás), Dózsa György út 151, Pálháza, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Apr 15–Oct 23: 10:00–12:00 13:30–16:00. Adult: 300 Ft; senior, student: 200 Ft.
- 1 Lajos Kossuth Community Center (Kossuth Lajos Művelődési Központ), Táncsics tér 3, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Latabár Cinema, ☏ . Ticket: 850 Ft.
- Zemplén Adventure Park (Zemplén Kalandpark), Torzsás utca 25, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. 09:00–16:00. Combined ticket for adult: 4800 Ft, for children: 4150 Ft.
- 2 Bob Track (Bob pálya), Torzsás utca. Adult: 900 Ft, children: 750 Ft.
- 3 Ice and Event Hall (Jég- és Rendezvénycsarnok). M–F 09:00–16:00, Sa Su 09:00–19:00. Ice skating. Adult: 850 Ft, children: 650 Ft.
- 4 Climbing Wall Centre (Mászófal központ), Torzsás utca. M–Th 09:00–16:00, F–Su 09:00–19:00
- 5 Chairlift (Libegő), Between Torzsás utca and Magas-hegy. Hungary's longest chairlift. Adult: 1800 Ft, children: 1500 Ft.
- 6 Adventure Tour Courses (Kalandtúra pályák), Magos-hegyi út. 1600 Ft–3300 Ft.
- 7 Ski Runs (Sípályák). Adult: 1900 Ft, children: 1550 Ft.
- 8 Tubby Tracks (Tubby pályák). Adult: 600 Ft, children: 450 Ft.
- 9 Ropeway with Cabin – "Bumblebee" (Kabinos kötélpálya – „Dongó”), Between Magas-hegy and Szár-hegy. Adult: 3300 Ft, children: 2700 Ft.
- 10 Extreme Slid Through Ropeway – "Hawk" (Extrém átcsúszó pálya – „Sólyom”), Between Magas-hegy and Szár-hegy. Adult: 4250 Ft, children: 3650 Ft.
- 11 Municipal Swimming Pool (Municipal Swimming Pool), Balassi Bálint utca 6, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. 08:00–19:00. Medical services, Finnish sauna, solarium, Swedish massage, hairdressing salon, infrared sauna. Adult: 1150 Ft; senior, student: 590 Ft.
- Zemplén Majorette Festival (Zemplén Mazsorett Fesztivál). In May. Free entrance.
- International Wild and Fish Cooking Competition and Regional Hunting Day (Nemzetközi Vad- és Halételfőző Verseny és Térségi Vadásznap), Széphalom. In June.
- International Folk Dance Festival (Nemzetközi Néptáncfesztivál), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. In August.
- Castle of Füzér Days (Füzéri Várnapok), Füzér, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. In August.
- (Zempléni Szabad Pálinka Nap), Füzér, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. In September.
- Open Wine Cellars in Zsólyomka (Zsólyomkai Nyitott Pincék). In October. Entrance fee with wine tasting: 1000 Ft.
- Christmas Fair (Karácsonyi Forgatag). In December.
- 1 Coop, Széchenyi tér 5-7, ☏ . M–F 06:00–19:00, Sa 06:30–14:30. Supermarket.
- 2 Penny Market, Rákóczi utca 50. M–Sa 06:30–20:00, Su 07:00–18:00. Supermarket.
- 3 Tesco, Kazinczy Ferenc utca 105. M–Sa 06:00–21:00, Su 08:00–20:00. Hypermarket.
- 4 Reál, Dózsa György út 72, Pálháza, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. M–F 06:00–20:00, Sa 06:00–16:00, Su 07:00–11:00.
|This page uses the following price ranges for a typical meal for one, including soft drink:|
|Budget||Under 1800 Ft|
|Mid-range||1800 Ft–2400 Ft|
|Splurge||Over 2400 Ft|
- 1 Gyrosos, Kossuth Lajos út 22, ☏ . M–F 11:00–20:00, Sa 11:00–19:00. Fast food bar. Hamburger: 950 Ft.
- 2 Lángosműhely, Rákóczi utca 4, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. M–F 07:00–17:00, Sa 09:00–12:00. Lángos bar. Hamburger: 550 Ft, lángos: 300 Ft.
- 3 Rosso Pizza, Pataki utca 43, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. M–F 10:00–22:00, Sa Su 11:00–22:00. Pizzeria and fast food bar. Pizza: 1100 Ft, hamburger: 800 Ft.
- 4 Törpe Restaurant, Hajnal utca 1, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. M–F 11:00–15:00. Food bar. Lunch menu: 1000 Ft.
- 5 Zsozso Food Bar, Széchenyi tér 3, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. M–F 10:00–21:00, Sa 11:00–21:00. Pizzeria and food bar. 1390 Ft, pizza: 1100 Ft, hamburger: 650 Ft.
- 6 Lángossütő, Dózsa György út 124, Pálháza, ☏ . Tu–Sa 10:00–17:00. Lángos bar. Lángos: 270 Ft.
- 7 Dinó Pizza, Kossuth Lajos tér 3, ☏ . 10:00–22:00. Pizzeria and food bar. 1800 Ft, pizza: 1250 Ft.
- 8 Halászcsárda, Kossuth Lajos tér 12, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. M–Sa 10:00–20:00, Su 10:00–18:00. Traditional restaurant with local cuisine. 1940 Ft, lunch menu: 850 Ft.
- 9 Schultüte Food Bar, Petőfi utca 2, Károlyfalva, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Tu–Th Su 12:00–22:00, F Sa 12:00–00:00. Traditional restaurant. 1500 Ft, hamburger: 650 Ft, lunch menu: 900 Ft.
- 10 Streeat Bistro, Rákóczi utca 26, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. M–Th 11:00–22:00, F Sa 11:00–02:00, Su 12:00–22:00. Traditional restaurant and pizzeria. 1590 Ft, pizza: 1100 Ft, hamburger: 350 Ft, lunch menu: 900 Ft.
- 11 Zemplén Casino, Kazinczy Ferenc utca 1-3, ☏ . M–Sa 09:30–21:00, Su 10:30–21:00. Traditional restaurant and pizzeria. 2000 Ft, pizza: 1090 Ft, lunch menu: 1050 Ft.
- 12 Kerék Csárda, Kazinczy Ferenc utca 269, Széphalom, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. M–F 11:00–19:00. Traditional restaurant with local cuisine. 2350 Ft, lunch menu: 850 Ft.
- 13 Spaten Pub and Restaurant, Kossuth Lajos tér 10, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. 09:00–22:00. Traditional restaurant and pub. 2500 Ft.
- 14 Malomtanya Restaurant, Gábor Áron utca 2, Mikóháza, ☏ . 10:00–22:00. Traditional restaurant with local cuisine. 2900 Ft.
- 15 Tölgyfa Restaurant and Guesthouse (Tölgyfa Vendéglő és Panzió), Dózsa György út 131, Pálháza, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. 07:00–20:00. Traditional restaurant with local cuisine. 9 rooms. 2300 Ft, lunch menu: 950 Ft, single room: 6200 Ft, double room: 12,400 Ft.
- 16 Vadregény Bistro and Pizza, Dózsa György út 139, Pálháza, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. M–Sa 11:00–22:00, Su 11:00–17:00. Pizzeria and fast food bar. 2400 Ft, pizza: 1300 Ft, hamburger: 1900 Ft.
- 1 Kövér Confectionery, Kossuth Lajos tér 26, ☏ . 09:00–17:00.
- 2 Latabár Cafe (Latabár Kávéház), Táncsics tér 3/b, ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. M–Th 10:00–20:00, F Sa 12:00–00:00, Su 12:00–20:00.
- 3 Balkon Büfé, Petőfi Sándor utca 3/b, Hollóháza, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. M–Sa 10:00–22:00, Su 10:00–20:00. Pub.
- 4 Belvárosi Italbolt, Dózsa György út 142, Pálháza, ☏ . 06:00–21:00. Pub.
- 5 Csokány Bistro, Rákóczi Ferenc utca 40, Alsóberecki, ☏ . 08:00–21:00. Pub.
- 6 Sport Büfé, Sport utca, Pálháza, ☏ . M–Th Sa Su 14:00–22:00, F 14:00–00:00. Pub.
- 7 Vadász Pub, Szent László út 27, Hollóháza. M–Th 08:00–20:00, F Sa 08:00–22:00, Su 09:00–20:00.
- 8 Vár Büfé, Petőfi Sándor út 2, Füzér, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. M–F 07:00–20:30, Sa 12:30–20:30, Su 07:30–20:00. Pub.
Bars and nightclubs
- 9 Beles Ruin Bar (Beles Romkocsma), Bajcsy-Zsilinszky Endre utca, ☏ . May–Sep: 14:00–23:30.
- 10 Berg Club and Bar, Felsőzsólyomka utca 27, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Sep–May: F 22:00–04:00. Nightclub. Entrance fee: 1000 Ft.
- 11 Szoba, Kazinczy Ferenc utca 5, ☏ . Oct–Apr: Th 18:00–23:00, F Sa 18:00–04:00. Ruin bar.
- 12 T-Boy Rock Club, Árpád utca 1, ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. M–Th 18:00–00:00, F Sa 18:00–02:00. Nightclub. Entrance fee: 0 Ft–2800 Ft.
|This guide uses the following price ranges for a standard double room:|
|Budget||Under 9000 Ft|
|Mid-range||9000 Ft–14,000 Ft|
|Splurge||Over 14,000 Ft|
- 1 Anita Guesthouse, Ipartelep utca 27/a, ☏ . Check-in: 14:00, check-out: 10:00. 8 rooms. Single room: 4200 Ft, double room: 7200 Ft.
- 2 Kossuth Guesthouse, Török utca 1, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. 19 rooms. Single room: 4900 Ft, double room: 8000 Ft.
- 3 Múzeumkert Guesthouse and Restaurant, Kazincy Ferenc utca 275, Széphalom, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Restaurant: 10:00–22:00. Check-in: 14:00, check-out: 10:00. 20 rooms. Traditional restaurant with local cuisine. Single room: 5000 Ft, double room: 8000 Ft, average meal: 3150 Ft, pizza: 1280 Ft, hamburger: 990 Ft, lunch menu: 990 Ft.
- 4 Ágóc Guesthouse, Rózsa utca 16, Alsóberecki, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Check-in: 14:00, check-out: 10:00. 7 rooms. Single room: 4200 Ft, double room: 5760 Ft.
- 5 Kemencés Guesthouse, Gábor áron utca 31, Mikóháza, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 12:00, check-out: 10:00. 3 rooms. Single room: 3700 Ft, double room: 7400 Ft.
- 6 Kőrózsa Guesthouse, Petőfi Sándor út 23, Füzér, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Check-in: 14:00, check-out: 10:00. Apartment for one person: 4000 Ft, for two persons: 8000 Ft.
- 7 Berg Guesthouse, Felsőzsólyomka utca 27, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 14:00, check-out: 10:00. 6 rooms, 1 apartment. Single room: 8000 Ft, double room: 13,000 Ft.
- 8 Csillagfény Guesthouse and Restaurant, Mártírok útja 29, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. M–Th Su 10:00–22:00, F Sa 10:00–00:00. Check-in: 14:00, check-out: 11:00. 10 rooms. Private swimming pool and sauna. Traditional restaurant with local cuisine. Single room: 9000 Ft, double room: 13,000 Ft, average meal: 1800 Ft.
- 9 Saci Guesthouse, Deák utca 40, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 17:00, check-out: 09:00. 3 rooms. Single room: 8400 Ft, double room: 9360 Ft.
- 10 Korona Guesthouse, Táncsics Mihály utca 28, Füzérradvány, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. 5 rooms, 3 apartments. Double room: 9000 Ft.
- 11 Koronás Vad Guesthouse, Rózsa utca 15, Vágáshuta, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. 5 rooms. Double room: 12,000 Ft.
- 12 Kőbérc Guesthouse and Restaurant, Esze Tamás utca 31, Bózsva, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Restaurant: 08:00–19:00. Check-in: 14:00, check-out: 10:00. 9 rooms, 6 wooden houses. Traditional restaurant with local cuisine. Single room: 4600 Ft, double room: 9200 Ft, average meal: 2700 Ft.
- 13 Megálló Inn (Megálló Fogadó), Dózsa György út 160, Pálháza, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 14:00, check-out: 10:00. 5 rooms, 2 apartments. Single room: 7000 Ft, double room: 12,000 Ft.
- 14 Hotel König, Széchenyi tér 5, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. 27 rooms. Single room: 19,600 Ft, double room: 23,600 Ft.
- 15 Hotel Hunor, Torzsás utca 25, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 14:00, check-out: 11:00. 30 rooms. Services: event organization, restaurant, bar, guarded parking, interior swimming pool, jacuzzi, sauna, solarium, massage, bowling, table football, billiards, conference room, ski storage, tennis courts, internet access, Wi-Fi, sun terrace, barbecue terrace, private garden and woodland walk, bicycle rental, tour management, lake scenery, diet dining options, 'pig slaughter'. Single room: 19,500 Ft, double room: 25,800 Ft.
- 16 Smaragdvölgy Resort Park (Smaragdvölgy Pihenőpark), Vadász út 14, Rudabányácska, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Restaurant: Oct–Apr: F–Su 10:00–19:00; May–Sep: 10:00–20:00. 8 stone houses, 12 wooden houses, 5 mobile houses, camping. Traditional restaurant. Stone house for two persons: 14,000 Ft, average meal: 2590 Ft, boating: 400 Ft for 30 minutes, water cycling: 500 Ft for 30 minutes.
- 17 Fedor Tanya, Mikóháza, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. 7 rooms. Double room: 15,800 Ft.
- 18 Hotel Kőkapu, Kőkapu utca 2, Nagyhuta, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. 23 rooms. Apartment for two persons: 28,705 Ft, double room in the hotel: 55,200 Ft.
- 19 Silvanus Guesthouse, Dózsa György út 152, Pálháza, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 14:00, check-out: 12:00. 6 rooms. Single room: 7500 Ft, double room: 15,000 Ft.
- 20 Zempléni Fehér Szikla, Rakodó köz 8, Füzérkomlós, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Check-in: 14:00, check-out: 10:00. 11 rooms. Single room: 10,000 Ft, double room: 15,000 Ft.
Sátoraljaújhely's postal code is H-3980, and its telephone area code is 47.
- 2 Sátoraljaújhely Post Office, Kazinczy Ferenc utca 10, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. M–F 08:00–18:00, Sa 08:00–11:00.
- 3 Pálháza Post Office, Dózsa György út 30, Pálháza, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. M–F 08:00–15:30.
- Gönc – town 40 km (25 mi) west
- Ibrány – town 48 km (30 mi) south
- Sárospatak – town 13 km (8.1 mi) southwest
- Szerencs – town 49 km (30 mi) southwest
- Tokaj – town 46 km (29 mi) southwest
|Routes through Sátoraljaújhely|
|Miskolc ← Sárospatak ←||W E||→ END → Becomes|