Although overshaded by it's bigger and more 'hip' cousin in the north, Åre, this ski-resort offers almost everything you need for a skiing vacation. This also has many activities that are family oriented.
Sälen is also noted for being the starting point of Vasaloppet, a major cross-country skiing event with more than 15,000 participants held the first Sunday in March.
- Mora-Siljan Airport, a small regional airport with connections only from Stockholm and Ängelholm (in Scania).
The SkiPassBus is free for all holders of the SkiPass and will easily take you from the hotel to the slope and back. Apart from that public bus #200 goes from the actual village of Sälen and along the main road up to the ski resorts.
- The start of Vasaloppet, a leg in the Swedish Classic Circuit.
- 1 Lammet & Grisen, Fjällvägen 21, ☏ , fax: . Serving all you can eat fillet of lamb, ox and pig. From 450 kr.
- [dead link] After ski. They have some refreshments.
- 1 Ski Lodge.
- 2 Sälens Högfjällshotell, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. With a history dating back to the beginning of ski tourism in Sälen, Högfjällshotellet has some of the best quality rooms a stone's throw from the slopes. Features restaurants, bars, a spa and even a cinema.