Jump to navigation Jump to search
- X-bus 973X from Aalborg towards Frederikshavn.
- From Aalborg: Use the E45 northbound to Sæby.
- From Aarhus: Use the E45 northbound to Sæby via Aalborg.
- From Frederikshavn: Use the E45 southbound to Sæby.
- 1 Lady of the Sea (Fruen fra havet), Nordre mole - Sæby Havn (at the end of the harbour). A more-than 6-meter-tall sculpture, that was made by Norwegian artist Marit Benthe Norheim in cooperation with more than 800 local school children. At night the statue is illuminated.
- 2 Minibyen, Solsbækvej 39, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. A miniature version of the town as it looked around year 1900 in 1:10 scale miniatures. If open it is also possible to visit the workshop where volunteers are working on new buildings. 20 kr.
- 3 Old town centre, Algade, Strandgade. Here you can see characteristic yellow buildings dating back to 15th and 16th centuries, including the old town hall, the old hospital and the former poorhouse. The area also has a number of small shops and cafes.
- 4 Sæby Church (Sæby kirke), Strandgade 5. The last remaining part of a big Carmelita monastery from 1470. Inside of the church there are fine examples of church frescoes (kalkmalerier) from the beginning of the 16th century.
- Sæby Museum, Algade 1. A museum with various exhibitions showing the town's history in areas as diverse as religion, tourism and peasant life. It's in an old house from the 17th century in the old town center.
- 5 Sæby Watermill (Sæby Vandmølle), Søndergade. The present half-timbered watermill was built in 1710 replacing a much older mill. Today it is a private residence and can only be seen from the outside.
- 6 Sæbygaard Castle (Sæbygaard Slot), Sæbygaardvej 49, 9300 Sæby (a short distance outside of the town center), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. A manor that is now a museum. Adults 50 kr, children 40 kr.
- 1 Sæby Golfklub, Vandløsvej 50, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. M-F 09:00-14:00. Popular golf course.
- 2 Sæby Tennisklub, Kildevej 59, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. For booking call Sæby Turistbureau (+45 9846 1244). Outdoor tennis courts located in Sæbygård Forest.
- 3 Sæby Swimming Pool (Sæby Svømmebad), Rådhuspladsen 3, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com.
- 1 Jacobs Fiskerestaurant (Jensens Fiskerestaurant), Havnen 7 (At the harbour), ☏ . Everyday from 11:30. A seafood restaurant. Eat with a view of the harbour and the sea.
- 2 Bella Firenze, Krystalgade 2 (In town center), ☏ . M-Th 11:30-20:00, F-Su 11:30-23:00. Restaurant serving Italian- and Mexican-inspired food.
- 3 Frank’s Restaurant, Havnen 12 (At the harbour), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. From 11:00.
- 4 Café Smeden, Havnen 2 (At the harbour), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. From 12:00. Café Smeden is in an old forging workshop. It is overlooking Kattegat and Sæby Å.
- 1 Sæby Fritidscenter & Hostel, Sæbygårdvej 32, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 15:00, check-out: 10:00. A hostel at a sport arena on the outskirts of town. Close to several supermarkets, the town library and a public indoor swimming pool. Free Wi-Fi. 260-860 kr.
- 2 Hotel Viking Aqua Spa & Wellness Resort, Frederikshavnsvej 70-72, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Spa, wellness, restaurant and café.
- 3 Hotel Viking City, Vestergade 31 (at the main pedestrian street), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. There is no restaurant or reception. All check-in and check-out is done at Hotel Viking Aqua Spa & Wellness Resort, on Frederikshavnsvej 70-72. From 525 kr.
- 4 Svalereden Camping & Cottages, Frederikshavnsvej 112B, 9900 Frederikshavn (between Sæby and Frederikshavn), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Camping and 29 cabins. Close to the beach.
- 5 Syvsten Kro / Motel, Ålborgvej 247, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. 14 rooms (10 with bath/toilet and 3 with shared bath/toilet). From 495 kr.