Jump to navigation Jump to search
The main agricultural activity in the region is the production of apples.
Autoroute 640 runs through Saint-Joseph-du-Lac.
By public transit
- exo, ☏ . Two an hourly train from Montreal's central station to Deux-Montagne station (37 min, $6-9), then take exit bus #70 (direction Oka, 6 times a day) to Parc Paul-Yvon Lauzon stop (30 min).
- Via Rail provides service to Montreal's central station from Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto, Halifax and other cities.
The nearest airport is Montreal's Pierre-Elliot Trudeau International Airport.
- Maison et Jardins Chénier-Sauvé, 83 rue Chénier, Saint-Eustache, ☏ , fax: . Mid-June 17 to Aug: daily 10:00-17:00, Sep: Sa Su 10:00-17:00. In the immediately neighbouring town of Saint-Eustache, local flowers, perennials, trees, shrubs and beautiful riverside scenery within a 20th-century eclectic garden created by Thérèse Romer, a well-known Quebec conservationist. Free.
- Les Vergers Lafrance, 1473, chemin Principal, ☏ , fax: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. This is a very popular spot for apple picking in the autumn. There is a shop, cider house and coffee house onsite. Children's activities are available during the apple-picking season. It can get very busy at this time on weekends.
- Centre d'Interpretation de la Courge du Quebec, 839, chemin Principal. Sep and Oct only: daily 09:00-17:00. Pumpkin-picking, squash-picking, live music on Sunday afternoons, tractor rides, a children's play area. Picnic tables available so you can bring your own lunch. Dogs welcome. The bistro offers counter service M-F 11:00-15:00 and table service Sa Su 11:00-17:00 for soups, squash chips, salads and hot dishes. The shop sells a variety of gourd-related products, and beer and wine produced by their own vineyard and microbrewery.
- Parc Régional Bois de Belle-Rivière, 9009 Arthur-Sauvé Boulevard, Mirabel (midway between Saint-Eustache and Lachute, on Highway 15 North take the exit 640 West, then take exit 148 North West (blvd. Arthur Sauve) until Parc de Bois de Belle-Riviere), ☏ . Daily 09:00-17:00. 27 mi (43 km) long network of trails winds across the lawns and through the gardens and arboretum-style forest.
- Vineyard Les Vents d'Ange, 839, chemin Principal, ☏ . Mid-May-July Nov Dec: Sa Su 10:00-17:00, Aug-Oct: daily 09:00-17:00. A vineyard that produces 50,000 bottles of wine a year. The microbrewery uses their own barley, and they run the only malting plant in Quebec that makes a handmade floor malt. The result is a beer that is 100% Saint-Joseph-du-Lac, from the field to the bottle.
- Resto-Pub de la Montagne, 1081, rue Principal, ☏ . 07:00-22:00. Varied menu ranging from sandwiches, submarines to pizza, pasta and ribs.
- [dead link] Chez Gerard Patates Frites, 3904, chemin d'Oka, ☏ . Sa-W 10:00-21:00, Th F 10:00-22:00. Burgers, steamed dogs, fries, poutine, wings, pizza.
- Restaurant L'oasis, 3543, chemin d'Oka, ☏ . Su 08:00-21:00, Th F 17:00-21:00, Sa 08:00-23:00.
- Domaine du Petit St Joseph, 1944 Rue du Domaine, ☏ . March and April only: F evening, Sa Su lunch and dinner. A cabane-à-sucre, or sugar shack, that is open during the springtime sugaring-off. Traditional Quebecois country meals of pea soup, baked beans, ham, bacon, Cole slaw, omelettes, pancakes, and maple products. Tractor ride included with the meal.