Sanford is a city in North Carolina.
Driving is the only feasible way to get to Sanford, which is located at the intersection of U.S. Routes 1, 421, and 15-501. It's about a one-hour drive from Fayetteville and a similar distance from Raleigh.
If you're taking a chartered flight, you can fly into Raleigh Executive Jetport (FAA: TTA) a few miles from Sanford.
- Historic Railroad House, 110 Charlotte Ave. Sanford's historic railroad depot and museum, which also features a preserved locomotive from 1911 and offers other historic tours.
- Gross Farms, 1606 Pickett Rd, ☏ . A large family farm open to the public at seasonal times throughout the year. The farm features strawberry patches, a pumpkin patch, a 15-acre corn maze, hayrides, and other activities. Check website for dates of operation.
- Temple Theater, 120 Carthage St. Known as Central Carolina's Performing Arts Center, the Temple Theater dates back to 1925 and offers musicals and occasional movie screenings.
- Shops of Steele Street, Steele Street. A collection of shops in the downtown areas where you can buy pottery, antiques, local art, and crafts.
- The Steele Pig, 133 S. Steele Street, ☏ . A sophisticated restaurant that combines Old South BBQ and Southern cuisine. Reservations recommended.
- La Dolce Vita Pizzeria, 143 Charlotte Ave, ☏ . A popular Italian restaurant specializing in pizzas and calzones.
- The Fairview Dairy Bar, 109 Carbonton Rd, ☏ . Open since 1953, a traditional American-style diner serving breakfast, lunch and dinner along with an ice cream selection right inside the front doors.
- Smoke & Barrel, 133 S. Steele Street, ☏ . A newly-opened neighborhood gastropub with a focus on slow-cooked smoked meats, North Carolina craft beers, and bourbon. The pub also has live music on weekends.
- Days Inn, 1217 North Horner Boulevard, ☏ .
- Quality Inn, 1403 North Horner Boulevard, Sanford, NC, ☏ .
- Hampton Inn, 1904 South Horner Boulevard, ☏ , fax: .
|Routes through Sanford|
|Raleigh ← Apex ←||N S||→ Southern Pines → Columbia|
|Durham ← Pittsboro ←||N S||→ Pinehurst → Southern Pines|
|Winston-Salem ← Greensboro ←||N S||→ Wilmington → Fort Fisher|