The Piedmont Triad (or simply the Triad) is an urban region in central North Carolina.
- 1 Greensboro – biggest city in the region
- 2 Winston-Salem – historic city with an old Moravian settlement
- 3 High Point – "furniture capital of the world"
- 4 Asheboro - A small city, mostly known as the home of the North Carolina Zoological Park.
- 5 Burlington
- 6 Elon
- 7 Kernersville
- 8 King
- 9 Lexington – "barbecue capital of the world"
- 10 Mount Airy – inspiration for the town of Mayberry on The Andy Griffith Show
- 11 Pfafftown
- 12 Reidsville
- 13 Seagrove – small town famous for pottery
- 14 Summerfield
- 15 Thomasville – "Chair City"
- 1 Piedmont Triad International Airport (GSO IATA). Located near Greensboro, PTI has around 75 daily flights to most major hubs on the east coast.
Amtrak's Carolinian and Piedmont trains stop in Burlington, Greensboro, and High Point; this is a convenient and pleasant way to get to these cities from Charlotte or the Research Triangle. The Crescent also stops in Greensboro and High Point on its way from New York City to New Orleans.
- Asheville – liberal, artsy town in the mountains
- Charlotte Metro – not too far away, and home to the biggest city in North Carolina
- Research Triangle – another metro area centered around three cities instead of one