- Not to be confused with Three Gorges.
Sanxia is the second largest district in New Taipei City after Wulai District. The name "Sanxia" refers to the meeting of the Dahan River, Sansia River, and Horizontal River.
Sanxia is accessible by bus from Taipei (buses 702, 703, 705, 706,939), Taoyuan District, and Yingge (Blue 19).
The nearest MTR station is Dingpu Station in Tucheng District.
- 1 Changfu Bridge (長福橋).
- 2 Daliao Tea Culture Hall (大寮茶文館), No. 142, Zhulun Road, ☏ . 10:00-17:00.
- 3 Tiannan Monastery (法鼓山天南寺), No. 168, Lane 138, Section 2, Jieshou Road, ☏ .
- 4 Sanxia Old Street (三峽老街). Buildings along the street are the baroque-style architecture from the Japanese period.
- 5 Sanxia Annunciation Catholic Church (聖母領報天主堂), No 71-1, Zhongyuan Street, ☏ .
- 6 Baiji Xingxiu Temple (白雞行修宮), ☏ .
- 7 Fu'an Temple (三峽福安宮), No. 32, Minquan Street, ☏ .
- 8 Fo Guang Shan Jin Guang Ming Temple, No. 268, Xidong Road, ☏ . 06:00-19:30.
- 9 Zaishu Temple (宰樞廟).
- 10 Zushi Temple (清水祖師廟). A Taoist temple along Sanxia Old Street.
Parks and nature
- 11 Manyueyuan National Forest Recreation Area (滿月圓國家森林遊樂區), ☏ . 08:00-17:00.
- 12 Mount Changshou (長壽山).
Arts and culture
- 1 Li Mei-shu Memorial Gallery (李梅樹紀念館). A gallery dedicated to Taiwanese painter, sculptor and politician Li Mei-shu.
- 2 Wuliaojian (五寮尖 Wǔliáojiān) (Take the Taipei metro to Dingpu Station, then catch a taxi for NT$300–400 or Uber for more. Getting back is a little trickier, but you can call a taxi or Uber from the convenience store at the trailhead or take a bus). A very strenuous and challenging hike, including many steep rocky sections with ropes to pull yourself up. But the hard work is rewarded with incredible views of the mountains, including segments of the trails that go along knife-edge ridges. Bring gloves (to protect your hands from rope burn), snacks, and plenty of water. Takes about six hours for experienced hikers; inexperienced hikers should not attempt. Rock climbing experience is not required. Try to stick to the main trails, as the less-used trails can be overgrown and slippery. No permit or entry fee is needed.
- 3 New Taipei City Hakka Museum (新北市客家文化園區). A museum about the Hakka people. The museum total area spans over 4.03 hectares.
- 4 Sanxia History Museum (三峽歷史文物館). The first floor has an exhibition area that periodically hosts art activities. The second floor has an exhibition area of Sanxia historical items, old time implements and memorabilia.
- 1 Sanxia Flower Market (三峽花市), No. 166, Section 3, Jieshou Road, ☏ . 08:00-21:00.
- 1 Huanghun Market (黃昏市場), No. 9-8, Section 1, Jieshou Road. 14:00-21:00.