Sanzhi (三芝區) is a rural district in northern New Taipei, Taiwan.
Sanzhi is notable as the hometown of the former president Lee Teng-hui.
There are no major train stations in Sanzhi, and the easiest way to access the district is by car. The main road route through Sanzhi is the Provincial Highway No. 2.
For information about the attractions in the area, you may wish to stop by the visitor's information centre:
- 1 Sanban Bridge (三板橋), ☏ .
- 2 Yuanxing House (源興居), No.164-2, Putoukeng, ☏ . A small building behind the visitor's information centre which was the birthplace of the first democratically elected President in Taiwan's history.
- 3 Zhibo Artist’s Village (芝柏藝術村), 2-26, Zhibai Rd. A small area where there are many artist studios and workshops.
- 4 Li Tien-lu Hand Puppet Historical Museum (李天祿布袋戲文物館), No.26, Zhibo Rd, ☏ . A museum dedicated to the art of puppetry, which is still popular in Taiwan, mostly consisting of antique puppets which belonged to puppetier Li Tien-lu. There are also regular performances of Taiwanese puppetry here.
- 5 Fufudingshan Shell and Coral Temple (富福頂山寺), ☏ . A cave tample where the walls are extensively decorated with coral.
- 6 MinZhuGongWang Temple (民主公王宮), ☏ . A temple dedicated to a local Hakka god.
- 7 Sanchun Fude Temple (三村福德宮).
- 8 Fucheng Temple (福成宮), No. 38, Section 1, Zhongshan Road, ☏ .
- 9 Zhicheng Temple (三芝智成堂), ☏ .
- 10 True Dragon Temple (龍巖真龍殿).
Parks and nature
- 1 Qianshuiwan Seaside Park (淺水灣海濱公園), ☏ . A seaside park on the coast which offers views out to sea, but has a reputation for being windy.
- 2 Datun Nature Park (大屯自然公園), ☏ . 09:00-16:30. A large park situated to the south of the city which is a popular hiking spot for locals.
- 3 Fude Waterwheel Ecological Park (福德水車生態園區). 24hrs.
- 4 Gende Water Wheel Park (根德水車公園), Sec. 1, Danjin Rd.. 24hrs. A small park containing an old water wheel.
- 5 Sanzhi-Shimen Cycling Route (雙灣自行車道). An 11km train running from Sanzhi to the neighbouring Shimen district along the waterfront.