Saurashtra is a well-known peninsula region in Gujarat, western India.
Map of Saurashtra
- 1 Bhavnagar — busy industrial centre, base for journeys to nearby sites
- 2 Dwarka — one of the seven most ancient cities in India where Lord Krishna lived
- 3 Jamnagar — home to the world’s largest oil refinery complexes
- 4 Junagadh — city of ancient Ashokan Stone Edicts and highest mountain of Gujarat, Girnar
- 5 Morbi — watchmaker and ceramic city
- 6 Palitana — city associated with Jain legends and history
- 8 Rajkot — former capital of the state of Saraushtra
- 10 Somnath — (Veraval) place which has the first Jyotirlinga from the twelve
- 11 Upleta — a city and municipality. The Jain temple, mosque and the temple of Mojeshwar Mahadev are tourist sites
Kathiyawadi-Gujarat is the language spoken in Saurashtra.
Jamnagar Airport (JGA IATA), Bhavnagar Airport (BHU IATA), Porbandar Airport (PBD IATA).
- Kathiyawadi Thali
- Gola - Made from crushed ice with different flavors in Summer