While the town has a picturesque medieval core, it is also a modern industrial city (with nearly as many employees as the whole population). Many famous companies, amongst them the world famous bath equipment manufacturer hansgrohe has its corporate seat here, BBS international produces alloy wheels for motor sports. Irrespective of these factories, the air quality allows the town to be recognized as climatic spa. The municipality covers another small town (Lehengericht) and several farmyards and hamlets.
- 1 Tourist-Information Rathaus Schiltach, Marktplatz 6, 77761 Schiltach, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Schiltach station. Schiltach is located on the Kinzig Valley Railway, which runs from Offenburg to Freudenstadt . There is a regular Monday - Friday service, a different schedule for Saturdays, and an abbreviated service on Sundays and holidays.
- 1 Marktplatz.
- 2 Stadtkirche. A Lutheran church
- 3 Pharmacy museum.
- 4 Museum am Markt.
- 5 Schüttesäge Museum. A museum covering the topics of lumber and forestry, and equipment used in these fields
- 6 Water-Bath-Design Museum. A museum that covers the designs of bathrooms through the ages, hosted by the Hansgrohe Group.