Seaton is a seaside resort with a seafront. It surrounded by beautiful coastlines and countryside, the area has now been awarded World Heritage Site Status; famous for its geology and fossil finds.
The town has good bus services, services of particular interest to tourists would be:
Service 899 which runs from Seaton to Sidmouth via Beer and Branscombe. It is one of Devon's most scenic bus routes.
Service 885 which runs from Axminster to Beer via Colyton and Seaton.
AVMT run bus services in Seaton and the surrounding areas.
- Seafeild Gardens. visit these well maintained gardens. With modern play park and mini golf.
- Seaton Wetlands. a hidden gem. This nature reserve runs along the Axe estuary.
- 1 Seaton Tramway. A tram line that runs along the estuary of the River Axe to Colyton.
- Seaton Museum, Town Hall, Fore Street. late May to October: M-F 10:30AM-12:30PM and 2:15-5PM. Has collection of artifacts and old photographs.
- Seaton Jurassic. Jurassic experience.
- 2 Beer Quarry Caves, Quarry Lane, Beer, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Open every day until Sat 31st October. From April to September Tours Start at 10:30AM, 11:30AM, 12:30PM, 1:30PM, 2:30PM and 3:30PM. Adult £7.50, child 5 to 16 years and senior citizen £5.50, family 2 adults + 2 children £23.50, under 5's free.
- 3 Pecorama, Nr Beer, ☏ . Apr-Oct: daily 10AM-5PM; limited winter opening. A museum of model railways, Pecorama's prize feature is the Beer Heights Light Railway, a miniature railway that runs through the building's gardens. adult from £10.
- Relax on the beach or seafront.
- Take a tram ride along the Axe estuary.
- Enjoy the towns gardens
- take a bus to Beer (Devon). The beach at Beer is a pebbled cove, with long rubber mats leading towards the water.
- Visit Seaton Wetlands
- Beer Regatta.
- Seaton Carnival
- Lots of shops along the 'Fore Street'
- Frydays Fish & Chips.
- Seaton Fish Bar. Fish & chips
- Gina Mala: Italian and Thai restaurant.
- Li Pisani Mediterranean cuisine with a local touch
- The Malthouse good quality pub and restaurant
- Osborne's Coffee and Wine Bar.Beer (Nr. Seaton)
- The Malthouse pub and restaurant.Seaton
- All Hat But No Cattle micropub. Seaton
- The Dolphin Pub and restaurant. Beer (Nr. Seaton)
- The Anchor Inn Pub and restaurant. Beer (Nr. Seaton)
- Barrel O' Beer Pub and restaurant. Beer (Nr. Seaton)
- 1 The Eyre Court Hotel, 2 Queen St, ☏ .
- 2 YHA Beer, Bovey Combe, Beer, ☏ .
- 3 Anchor Inn, Fore St, Beer, ☏ .
- Beer Head Caravan Park (Campsite and caravan park),
- Premier Inn
- West to the village of Beer (Devon) whose name comes not from the alcoholic beverage but from the old English word bearu, meaning forest, is nearby. The village rings a small cove with a big beach, with no harbour to speak of. Boats are pulled up onto the beach.
- West to Branscombe and Sidmouth
- East to Lyme Regis and Charmouth
- North to Axminster