Seaton is a seaside resort with a seafront. It surrounded by beautiful coastlines and countryside, the area has now been awarded World Heritage Site Status; famous for its geology and fossil finds.
The adjoining town of Beer whose name comes not from the alcoholic beverage but from the old English word bearu, meaning forest. The town rings a small cove with a big beach, with no harbour to speak of. Boats are pulled up onto the beach.
- Trains: The nearest train station is Axminster, which is on the route from Waterloo to Exeter.
- Buses: There is also a goodbus service (X53) along the Jurassic Coast.
- Seaton Museum. Has collection of artifacts and old photographs.
- Seaton Jurassic. Jurassic experience.
- Beer Quarry Caves, Quarry Lane, Beer, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. Open every day until Sat 31st October. From April to September Tours Start at 10:30, 11:30, 12:30, 13:30, 14:30 and 15:30.. Adult £7.50 Child 5 to 16 years and Senior Citizen £5.50 Family 2 adults + 2 Children £23.50 Under 5's FREE.
- Pecorama, N=Beer, ☎ . Su-F 10AM-5:30PM, Sa 10AM-1PM (Apr-Oct). A museum of model railways, Pecorama's prize feature is the Beer Heights Light Railway, a miniature railway that runs through the building's gardens. Wide range of ticket prices available.
- Relax on the beach or seafront.
- Take a tram to Colyton.
- Beer Beach. The beach at Beer is pebbled, with long rubber mats leading towards the water.
- Beer Regatta.
Fish & chips at Frydays
- 1 The Eyre Court Hotel, 2 Queen St, Seaton, ☎ .
- 2 YHA Beer, Bovey Combe, Beer, Seaton, ☎ .
- 3 Anchor Inn, Fore St, Beer, Seaton, ☎ .