Sekupang is a town and district on the Indonesian island of Batam, in the Riau Islands. It is primarily known for its domestic ferry terminal, which has extensive services to points west towards Sumatra.
Sekupang is a district of the island of Batam, on the northwestern side of the island. The port of Sekupang is the island's main ferry port for domestic ferries to/from the Sumatra mainland and other Riau Islands west of Batam. In addition, there are ferries to and from Singapore.
- 1 Sekupang Port (Pelabuhan Sekupang), ☏ . A visa-free and visa-on-arrival port of entry. There are adjacent but separate terminals for domestic and international services. For detailed information on visas, please refer to the Indonesia page.
Most domestic ferries from Sumatra's mainland and some smaller islands west of Batam arrive in Batam at Sekupang. Regular ferries operate between Tanjung Balai on Karimun and Sekupang. Some of the ferries originate from the Sumatra mainland or Kundur Island. Boats also stop at Tanjung Balai when going from Sekupang to Sumatra or Kundur. Several companies, including Dumai Express operates several ferries daily to/from Dumai (mainland Riau province). Most of these ferries originate from Tanjung Pinang, the main town on Bintan, and also make a stop at Tanjung Balai on Karimun Island after making a stop at Sekupang.
Sekupang is also part of the national PELNI-operated ferry network, with ships from various ports across Indonesia calling at Sekupang.
- Golf - Batam is a golfers paradise. Batam Island is blessed with 7 great golf courses providing top class championship golf and great hospitality, the harbour at Sekupang is a popular destination for golfers playing at Indah Puri, Batam Hills and Southlinks.
Accommodation near Sekupang is very limited.
- 1 KTM Resort, Jl. Kolonel Soegiono, Tg. Pinggir, ☏ . Balinese-style cottages equipped with air-conditioner, refrigerator, television, private toilet and bath. Some of its facilities and services are saltwater jacuzzi, restaurant, massage service/spa, and outdoor swimming pool, tennis court. Rate starts at USD 53.72.
- Nagoya (Lubuk Baja) — Batam's busiest business and commercial area
- Batam Centre — Newly developed housing and commercial area
- Nongsapura (Nongsa) — The majority of Batam's resorts are located here
- Waterfront City (Teluk Senimba) — Another resort area