- See also Shanxi, a neighboring province.
Shaanxi (陕西; Shǎnxī), pronounced roughly "Shahn-shee", is a north-central province of China, and includes portions of the Loess Plateau on the middle reaches of the Yellow River as well as the Qinling Mountains across the southern part of the province.
- Xian - Capital city of Shaanxi Province, the start point of ancient Silk Road, most famed for its army of terracotta warriors.
- Yan'an - center of Chinese revolution in 1937, nicknamed the "Cradle of the Revolution"
- Yulin - garrison town on the Great Wall of China in the time of the Ming dynasty
- Shenmu - garrison town on the Great Wall of China in the time of the Ming dynasty
- Huangdiling National Park (Mausoleum of Yellow Emperor)
- Huanghe Hukou Pubu National Park (Hukou Falls at Yellow River)
- Huashan National Park
- Lishan National Park in Lintong
- Qiachuan National Park in Heyang (Qiachuan: Locally pronounced Hechuan)
- Tiantaishan National Park in Baoji
Shaanxi is a land-locked province in the middle reaches of the Yellow River. During a span of 1,100 years, 13 dynasties had their capital cities in Shaanxi, with a total of 73 emperors ruling supreme there. The land of Shaanxi is dotted with 60 paleoanthropologic, Paleolithic and Neolithic sites, 72 large-scale tombs of emperors, 20 or so imperial palaces, 2,604 ancient buildings, and 1,200 old temples and monasteries. Overall, you could say that Shaanxi Province is a colossal natural and historical museum for the world to visit.
- Dynasty Hotel, ☎ 86-29-84692000. This four star hotel is located right at Yuxiang Square, just 30 minutes from Xi'an Xianyang International Airport. While staying here, you can visit some of these places: Museum of Terra Cotta Warriors and Horses, Mausoleum of Emperor Qin Shi Huang, and Mt. Huashan. 55 North Section Huan Cheng West Road, Lianhu District, Xi'an, Shaanxi, China. Rate starts at ¥286.69+.