The motto of Sheringham is "The sea enriches and the pine adorns".
The A149 runs through the village to the West passing through most coastal villages and on to King's Lynn and to the East through Cromer. The A148 passes 1½ miles S of the village (connected through Holway Rd) running King's Lynn, Holt, Cromer.
- 1 Sheringham Railway Station, Station Approach, Sheringham, NR26 8RA. Northern terminus of Bittern Line. Trains run to from Norwich via Cromer through the Broads
A National Express coach service runs from London's Victoria Coach Terminal to a stop outside the Sheringham railway station.
The village is small enough to see on foot.
- 1 War Memorial.
- 2 Masonic Hall.
- 3 Beeston Bump. Hill just 63 m high offers fantastic views of surrounding countryside.
- 4 Oddfellows Hall, 4 Lifeboat Plain, Sheringham, NR26 8BG, ☏ . It was built in 1867 as an RNLI Lifeboat station and a gathering place for fishermen and boat builders. It is now used as a venue for hire.
- 5 Sheringham Park, Upper Sheringham, NR26 8TL, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 6 The Mo Sheringham Museum, Lifeboat Plain, Sheringham, NR26 8BG, ☏ , email@example.com. Mar to end of Oct: (M summer & school holidays) Tu-Sa 10AM-4:30PM, Su noon-4PM. Tells story of the town.
- 7 Fishermen’s Heritage Centre, The Slipway, West Cliff, Sheringham, NR26 8JT, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. Thursday before Easter to end of Sep: daily noon-4PM. Tells the history of the lifeboats provided by the Upcher family of Sheringham Hall for the use of the fishermen of what was then Lower Sheringham. Free (donations appreciated).
- 8 Old Coastguard Lookout, Skelding Hill, Sweet Briar Lane, Sheringham, NR26 8HG, ☏ , email@example.com. Station open daily 8:30AM–6PM during British Summer Time, 8:30Am–4PM otherwise. Small coastal surveillance station with superb clifftop views over the Sheringham, North Sea and Sheringham Golf Club. Free (donations appreciated).
- 1 North Norfolk Railway (The Poppy Line), Station Approach, NR26 8RA, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. A 5 mile, 23 minute steam train ride from Sheringham to Holt. Or 18 minutes if diesel hauled.
- 2 Sheringham Golf Club, Sweetbriar Lane, Sheringham, NR26 8HG, ☏ , email@example.com. Beautiful 18-hole course along the cliffs.
- 3 Beach.
A locally caught lobster.
- 1 Tesco (Superstore/supermarket), Cromer Rd, Sheringham, NR26 8RS, ☏ . M-Sa 7AM-11PM, Su noon-4PM. ATMs.
- 1 Daves Fish Bar & Restaurant, 7-11 Co-operative Street, Sheringham, NR26 8DX, ☏ . Restaurant & take-away.
- 2 The Sheringham Trawler, 50 High St, ☏ .
- Straits Fish and Chips, 32A High St, ☏ .
- 3 No 10 Restaurant, 10 Augusta Street, Sheringham, NR26 8LA, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. W-Sa 6:30PM-.
- 4 Chai-Yo (Thai Restaurant), 36 High St, Sheringham, NR26 8DT, ☏ (mobile). M-Sa noon-2:30PM, 6-10PM; Su 6-10PM. Restaurant & take-away.
- 1 The Crown (Pub), Lifeboat Plain, East Cliff, Sheringham, NR26 8BQ, ☏ , email@example.com. M-Sa 10AM-11PM, Su 11AM-11PM. Free Wi-Fi.
- 2 Camellia Cottage (Tea Rooms), 1 Sation Rd Sheringham, NR26 8RE, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. M-Sa 9:30AM-4:30PM, Su noon-4PM.
- 1 The Lobster Inn (B&B), High Street, Sheringham, NR26 8JP, ☏ , email@example.com. Dog friendly (£10 per night). Wi-Fi.
- 2 Olivedale Guest House, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: from 2PM, check-out: by 10:15AM. Secure dry storage for bicycles. No children under 16 years. No pets.
- 3 YHA (Hostel), 1 Cremer's Drift, Sheringham, NR26 8HX (The hostel is off the A149 behind St Joseph's RC Church, sign posted from the roundabout.), ☏ . Check-in: 3-11PM, check-out: Before 10AM. Free Wi-Fi in social spaces. £13-£25.
- 4 Camberley House Guest House, 62 Cliff Rd, Sheringham, NR26 8BJ, ☏ , email@example.com. Free Wi-Fi. Dry secure bicycle storage. No children under 5 years. No pets.
- 5 Alverstone B&B, 33 The Avenue, Sheringham, NR26 8DG, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. 3 ensuite bedrooms, Wi-Fi. No pets. £80 per room per night for 1 night stays, £75 for 2+ nights..
- 1 Nearest Accident & Emergency: Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital (Casualty or the Emergency Room), Colney Lane, Norwich, NR4 7UY (30 miles S of town). 24/7.
- 2 Sheringham Medical Practice (GP or Primary Healthcare), Cromer Rd, Sheringham, NR26 8RT, ☏ . M Tu Th F 8AM-6PM; W 8AM-1PM, 2-6PM.
- 3 Carlton Lodge Dental Care, 5 Augusta St, Sheringham, NR26 8LA, ☏ , email@example.com. M-F 8:30AM-1PM, 2-5:30PM.
- 4 Lloyds Pharmacy, 31 Station Rd, Sheringham, NR26 8RF, ☏ . M-F 9AM-6PM, Sa 9AM-5:30PM.
As of Sep 2022, Sheringham and its approach roads have 4G from O2 and Vodafone but no signal from EE or Three. 5G has not reached this area.