The motto of Sheringham is "The sea enriches and the pine adorns".
The A149 runs through the village to the W passing through most costal villages and on to King's Lynn and to the E through Cromer. The A148 passes 1½ miles S of the village (connected through Holway Rd) running King's Lynn, Holt, Cromer.
- 1 Sheringham Railway Station, Station Approach, Sheringham, NR26 8RA. Northern terminus of Bittern Line. Trains run to from Norwich via Cromer through the Broads
A National Express coach service runs from London's Victoria Coach Terminal to a stop outside the Sheringham railway station.
The village is small enough to see on foot.
- 1 War Memorial.
- 2 Masonic Hall.
- 3 Beeston Bump. Hill just 63m high offers fantastic views of surrounding countryside.
- 4 Oddfellows Hall, 4 Lifeboat Plain, Sheringham, NR26 8BG, ☏ . Used as a "venue for hire"
- 5 Sheringham Park, Upper Sheringham, NR26 8TL, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com.
- 6 The Mo Sheringham Museum, Lifeboat Plain, Sheringham, NR26 8BG, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. (M summer & school holidays) Tu-Sa 10:00 16:30. Su 12:00-16:00. March-end of October.. Tells story of the town.
- 7 Fishermen’s Heritage Centre, The Slipway, West Cliff, Sheringham, NR26 8JT, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Thurs before Easter-end of Sept daily 12:00-16:00. Tells the history of the lifeboats provided by the Upcher family of Sheringham Hall for the use of the fishermen of what was then Lower Sheringham. Free (donations appreciated).
- 1 North Norfolk Railway (The Poppy Line), Station Approach, NR26 8RA, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. A 5 mile, 23 minute steam train ride from Sheringham to Holt. Or 18 minutes if diesel hauled.
- 2 Sheringham Golf Club. Beautiful 18 hole course along the cliffs.
- 3 Sheringham Golf Club, Sweetbriar Lane, Sheringham, NR26 8HG, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com.
- 4 Beach.
A locally caught lobster.
- 1 Tesco (Superstore/supermarket), Cromer Rd, Sheringham, NR26 8RS, ☏ . M-Sa 07:00-23:00. Su 10:00-16:00. ATMs.
- 1 Daves Fish Bar & Restaurant, 7-11 Co-operative Street, Sheringham, NR26 8DX, ☏ . Restaurant & take-away
- 2 The Sheringham Trawler, 50 High St, ☏ .
- Straits Fish and Chips, 32A High St, ☏ .
- 3 No 10 Restaurant, 10 Augusta Street, Sheringham, NR26 8LA, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. W-Sa 18:30-.
- 4 Chai-Yo (Thai Restaurant), 36 High St, Sheringham, NR26 8DT, ☏ (mobile). M-Sa 12:00-14:30 & 18:00-22:00. Su 18:00-22:00. Restaurant & take-away.
- 1 The Crown (Pub), Lifeboat Plain, East Cliff, Sheringham, NR26 8BQ, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. M-Sa 10:00-23:00. Su 11:00-23:00. Free Wi-Fi.
- 2 Camellia Cottage (Tea Rooms), 1 Sation Rd Sheringham, NR26 8RE, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. M-Sa 9:30-16:3. Su 10:00-16:00.
- 1 The Lobster Inn (B&B), High Street, Sheringham, NR26 8JP, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Dog friendly (£10 per night). Wi-Fi.
- 2 Olivedale Guest House, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: from 14:00, check-out: by 10:15. Secure dry storage for bicycles. No children under 16 years. No pets.
- 3 YHA (Hostel), 1 Cremer's Drift, Sheringham, NR26 8HX (The hostel is off the A149 behind St Joseph's RC Church, sign posted from the roundabout.), ☏ . Check-in: 15.00-23.00, check-out: Before 10.00. Free Wi-Fi in social spaces. £13-£25.
- 4 Camberley House Guest House, 62 Cliff Rd, Sheringham, NR26 8BJ, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Free Wi-Fi. Dry secure bicycle storage. No children under 5 years. No pets.
- 5 [dead link] Alverstone B&B, 33 The Avenue, Sheringham, NR26 8DG, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Wi-Fi. No pets. £35 per person per night. £10-£15 extra for single occupancy..
- 1 Nearest Accident & Emergency: Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital (Casualty or the Emergency Room), Colney Lane, Norwich, NR4 7UY (30 miles S of town). 24/7.
- 2 Sheringham Medical Practice (GP or Primary Healthcare), Cromer Rd, Sheringham, NR26 8RT, ☏ . M Tu 08:00-18:00. W 08:00-13:00 & 14:00-18:00. Th F 08:00-18:00.
- 3 Carlton Lodge Dental Care, 5 Augusta St, Sheringham, NR26 8LA, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. M-F 08:30-13:00 & 14:00-17:30.
- 4 Lloyds Pharmacy, 31 Station Rd, Sheringham, NR26 8RF, ☏ . M-F 09:00-18:00. Sa 09:00-17:30.
- 5 Post Office, 31-33 High St, Sheringham, NR26 8DS. M 08:30-17:30. Tu W 09:00-17:30. Th 08:30-17:30. F 09:00-17:30. Sa 09:00-13:00.