Jump to navigation Jump to search
Soda Springs is a city in Southeastern Idaho.
Take I-15 to McCammon and head east on US-30 East for an hour to reach Soda Springs.
- 1 Geyser Park, 39 W 1st S. 24 hours daily. The main attraction of Soda Springs is the Geyser. It is not entirely a natural phenomenon, though. It was unexpectedly released during well drilling for a swimming pool thermal water source in 1937. Cold water powered by pressurized carbon dioxide was shooting 100 feet into the air. It has been capped and a timer releases it for 8 minutes once every hour. There is a visitor center at the site. Free.
- 2 Formation Springs Cave. 24 hours daily.
- 1 Hooper Spring Park, 1805 Government Dam Rd (north of the town). Hooper spring is a source of potable carbonated water. You can take a drink of the carbonated water. The water has a relatively strong irony flavour and is an acquired taste. Free.
- 1 Gonzalez Mexican & American Restaurant, 10N N 3rd St E, ☏ +1 208-547-1043. M-F 9AM-8PM.
- 2 New Golden China Restaurant, 213 E 2nd S (In Trail Motel), ☏ +1 208-547-9905. M-Sa 11AM-9PM (closed Su).
- 3 Main Street Diner, 71 S Main St, ☏ +1 208-547-3928. M-Sa 7AM-2:15PM (closed Su). Omelets, skillets, sandwiches.
- 1 JR Inn, 179 W 2nd S, ☏ +1 208-547-3366, firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM. Motel. $78/night.
- 2 Caribou Lodge, 110 W 2nd S, ☏ +1 208-547-3377, email@example.com. Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM. Motel. $55/night.
- 3 Caribou RV Park, 555 E Hooper Ave, ☏ +1 208-547-3377. $25/night.
- 4 Cobblestone Inn & Suites, 341 W 2nd S, ☏ +1 208-547-1920, toll-free: +1-888-693-8262, firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM. Breakfast and WiFi included. Rooms have a refrigerator, microwave, and ironing board. Non-smoking.
Located 30 mi (48 km) southeast of Soda Springs on US30, Montpelier is near the Bear Lake National Wildlife Refuge and 15 mi (24 km) from the Wyoming border.
- 3 National Oregon/California Trail Center, 320 North 4th St, Montpelier, ☏ +1 208 847-3800, toll-free: +1-866-847-3800. An indoor simulated wagon train experience recreates the 1850s Oregon Trail with live actors, a gun shop and mercantile post. Ride in a covered wagon and circle the wagon train for the evening at the Clover Creek Encampment.
|Routes through Soda Springs|
|Pocatello ← Lava Hot Springs ←||W E||→ Jct N S → Kemmerer → Rock Springs|