Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1 Honnamana Kere (Honnama Lake), Doddamalthe Village, Somwarpet, Coorg (5 km frm Somwarpet town towards Hassan). Honnamana Kere is a holy and tourist place located in Daddamalthe near Sulimalthe village 6 km away from Somwarpet town. The lake (See picture) is surrounded by beautiful landscape including Coffee estates and Cliffs. Special pooja is offered to the Goddess Honnamma on the Gowri festival every year. Thousands of devotees come to this sacred place on this day and offers pooja to the Goddess Honnamma followed by climbing the cliff. 'Bagina' which consists of sacred belongings of the Goddess is left in the lake. A new temple was built several years back with the aim to improve the place and offer better facilities to the devotees, this was possible by the financial assistance of the people living in the surrounding villages.
- 2 Pushpagiri Wildlife Sanctury, Pushpagiri Wildlife Sanctury, Somwarpet, Coorg (30 km from Somwarpet towards Kukke Subramanya). is a apt for trekkers who want to experience the wilderness of Western Ghat. Home for different kinds of wild species like elephants, deers, wild cats etc.
- 3 Mallalli Falls (Situated around 25 km from Somwarpet). The exact location of Mallali falls is in Bettadahalli Gram Panchayat in Somwarpet taluk. It is an eye feasting sight of river Kumaradhara gushing through the valley and falling into a gorge, with lush green mountains around.
- Campfire at Beelur Golf Club, Beelur, Somwarpet, Coorg (Located 8 km from Somwarpet town). Beelur Golf Club is one of the oldest club in the town. The lush green golf ground attracts many tourists and movie makers. Also famous for kitty party and Campfire.
- Trekking, Hiking & Rock Climbing, Honnamana Kere, Somwarpet, Coorg. Honnamana Kere is a hotspot for Trekking & Rock Climbing. Adjecent Cliffs (Gavi betta and Mori betta) are the favourite places adventure lovers. If you prefere to be relaxed you can take a Hike in the Coffee plantations.
- Boating or Fishing in Honnamana Kere Lake, Honnamana Kere, Somwarpet, Coorg. The relaxed atmosphere at the Honnamana Kere Lake is exquisite for visiters for Boating & Fishing
- Authentic Coorg Cuisine. Somwarpet is famous for Non Veg dishes like Pork Curry & Kadubittu (Rice Steamed Bumplings), Chicken Curry & Akki Rotti (Rice Roti) etc.
- Homemade Wine & Tody. Homemade wines are available in local shops across Somwarpet and Tody is available in the local Plantations.