There is more than one place called Springfield:
"Springfield" is sometimes claimed to be the most common non-generic city name in the US.
This makes it a popular location for fictional works:
- Springfield (state deliberately left ambiguous) is the setting of The Simpsons, and has been recreated at Universal City in California.
- Springfield was also used by the Guiding Light serial, which ran 1952-2009 on CBS TV and 1937-1956 on network radio.
The many real places with the "Springfield" name include:
- Springfield (Colorado) - a small town in Colorado.
- Springfield (Florida) - a small town in Florida.
- Jacksonville/Springfield - a neighborhood in Jacksonville.
- Springfield (Georgia) - a small town in Georgia.
- Springfield (Illinois) - a city, the state capital of Illinois
- Springfield (Kentucky) - a small town in Kentucky.
- Springfield (Massachusetts) - a city in Massachusetts. The first American Springfield, founded in 1636. Home to the Springfield Armory and Basketball Hall of Fame.
- Springfield (Michigan) - a small city in Michigan.
- Springfield (Minnesota) - a small town in Minnesota.
- Springfield (Missouri) - a city in Missouri.
- Springfield (Nebraska) - a small town in Nebraska
- Springfield (New Jersey) - a city in New Jersey.
- Springfield (New York) - a small town in New York
- Springfield (Ohio) - a city in Ohio
- Springfield (Oregon) - a city in the Willamette Valley of Oregon.
- Springfield (Tennessee) - a city in Tennessee
- Springfield (Vermont) - a town in Vermont
- Springfield (Virginia) - a city in Virginia.
|This article is a disambiguation page. If you arrived here by following a link from another page you can help by correcting it, so that it points to the appropriate disambiguated page.|