Steubenville, The City of Murals, is a city in Southeast Ohio, it is the county seat of Jefferson County. Preserving a Piece of America is the theme for the 3D top tourist attraction featuring 26 gigantic depictions of life in the 1800s and early 1900s. It is the birth place of comedian Dean Martin.
- SR 22 E/W - Route 7 N/S - intersect at Steubenville.
Visitors to Steubenville typically arrive through the Pittsburgh International Airport (PIT IATA), approximately a 25 minute drive from the city. A toll road (576) opened a few years ago making for a shorter and more direct route to the Pittsburgh airport, which travelers may use for a 50¢ fee each way.
Though there are relatively few attractions located within the city itself, a car is the fastest and easiest way to move around Steubenville. Visitors wishing to access the parks and towns around the city, including the city of Pittsburgh (a 45 minute drive) will likely have to do so by car.
- Jefferson County Historical Museum and Library, 426 Franklin Ave, ☏ .
- Classic Car Museum.
- The Ohio River.
- 1 Franciscan University, 1235 University Blvd. This conservative Catholic university is on a hill just off of University Blvd. Though somewhat isolated from the city of Steubenville itself, much of the local economy is tied to the University. In a given year it is not uncommon for students from all 50 states as well as several foreign countries to be enrolled at the university. The University is particularly famous for its Festivals of Praise (FOPs), a charismatic prayer gathering held monthly in the University's Finnegan Fieldhouse.
- Wal-Mart Supercenter Store #2193, 100 Mall Drive, ☏ .
- Fort Steuben Mall, 100 Mall Drive, ☏ .
- Eat n' Park.
- Frolich's Classic Corner, 501 Washington St, ☏ . Has live music
- Holiday Inn-Weirton, WV, 350 Three Springs Drive (22 E To Pittsburgh-Exit #4 Three Springs Drive-4 Miles From Steubenville), ☏ . Best Accommodations in the Ohio Valley-5 Minutes from Steubenville
- Super 8, University Blvd. At the bottom of the hill leading to Franciscan University. Clean but small.
The Steubenville Convention and Visitors Bureau has a listing of events that may lead you to a local festival or other fun happening. It also has listings of the murals for which the town is famous and descriptions of other local attractions.
One of the local TV stations, WTOV (NBC) offers online Steubenville weather forecasts and maps that may help plan your days - indoors for rain - outdoors in the parks or golf courses for sun.
|Routes through Steubenville|
|Cambridge ← Cadiz ←||W E||→ Weirton → Pittsburgh|
|East Liverpool ← Toronto ←||N S||→ Martins Ferry → Bridgeport|
|Canton ← Carrollton ←||N S||→ END|