The regency of Subang extends all the way from the north coast (near the town of Pamanukan) to the Tangkuban Perahu volcano 80 km to the south (near the hot spring resort town of Ciater). The city of Subang is in the middle, on the foothills of the mountains of Parahyangan.
Subang is along the major Jakarta-Cirebon toll road (exit KM 110). Travelling from Jakarta to Subang takes about 1.5 to 2 hours if there is no congestion, but because of the traffic often significantly more. In addition, there is a trunk road leading from Bandung via Lembang and Ciater to Subang. However, because this road leads through the mountains, and the part near Bandung is often congested, it is often quicker to take the toll road via Cikampek.
There is no railway station in the city of Subang. The nearest railway station is about 15 km to the north: 1 Pegaden Baru railway station. The station is only served by economy class trains. There are four trains per day to Pasar Senen station in Central Jakarta, and five trains per day in easterly direction to Central Java and/or East Java.
The 2 Subang bus terminal is in the north of the city. There are regular buses to nearby cities and towns such as Indramayu, Cikampek, Cirebon, and Bandung, as well as to various bus terminals in Jakarta (mostly to Kampung Rambutan bus terminal in East Jakarta).
- 1 Museum Wisma Karya, Jalan Ade Irma Suryani Nasution No. 2. Literally the 'Home of Creations' museum, in the city centre of Subang. The museum shows the history of the region from prehistoric times to the present, including the spread of Buddhism, Hinduism, and Islam in Java, the colonial time. The museum is in a 19th century Dutch colonial building.
- 1 Kolam Renang Ciheuleut (Ciheuleut swimming pool), Jln. Terusan Emo Kurnia Atmadja. Rp8,000.
- 1 Rumah Makan Purnama, Jalan Ahmad Yani no. 80-82, ☎ . Daily 8:00-20:00. Sundanese restaurant.
- 1 favehotel Subang, Kompleks Ruko Rawabadak,, Jl. Kapten Hanafiah, ☎ . Budget chain hotel just outside the city centre along the main road. Double rooms from Rp283,000 per night.
- 2 [dead link] Hotel Lotus Subang, Jalan Let. Jen. Suprapto No 31, ☎ . Modern hotel in the city centre. Double rooms from Rp400,000 per night.