Cikampek is a town and district in the North Coast region of Western Java, Indonesia.
Cikampek is a district in the east of Karawang regency, about 20 km east of the regency capital Karawang. Cikampek is well known, because it is at the junction of three major toll roads: the Jakarta-Cikampek toll road to Jakarta in the west, the Cipularang toll road to Bandung in the south, and the Cipali toll road to Cirebon in the east. Similarly, Cikampek is also on a junction of railroads. While Cikampek is in the flat lands of West Java's northern coast region, it is a point of entrance into the mountainous area to the south.
Being at a junction of motorways and railroads, Cikampek is very well connected.
The town of Cikampek is just north of the Cikampek interchange. The Jakarta-Cikampek toll road to the west leads to Karawang (15 km), Bekasi (53 km), and Jakarta (65 km). The same toll road continues east, then named Cipali and later Palikanci toll road, to Subang (37 km), Cirebon (130 km), and Central Java (164 km to the provincial border). The Cipularang toll road (also called Purbaleunyi) leads in southern direction to Purwakarta (18 km), Cimahi (65 km) and Bandung (72 km). In addition to the toll roads, the major "North Coast Route" (Jalur Pantura) trunk road leads in northeastern direction from Cikampek to Pamanukan (40 km) and Indramayu (108 km).
The 1 Cikampek railway station is on the eastern side of the town. There are six daily economy class trains to Jakarta, of which one continues to the port of Merak. In the other directions, these trains go to either Purwakarta, or as a long-distance train to Central and/or East Java. In addition, there are three daily business/executive class trains to Bandung, and in the other direction to Cirebon (one per day continues to Semarang and Surabaya).
The smaller Dawuan railway station on the western side of the town is served a few times per day by economy class trains between Jakarta and Purwakarta.
There is no bus terminal in Cikampek, but many bus companies pick up and drop passengers at the toll road exit 2 Cikampek toll gate (East Cikampek / Cikopo). There are very frequent buses to and from Leuwi Panjang bus terminal in Bandung and several bus terminals in Jakarta, and also regular buses to other cities including Bekasi, Tasikmalaya, Bogor, Cirebon, and Sumedang. There are also elf minivans to smaller nearby towns such as Pamanukan and Purwakarta.
- 1 Situ Kamojing (Kamojing Lake), Kamojing, off Jl. Kota Bukit Indah Raya. Small man-made lake, a popular place to hang out or go fishing for locals.
- 1 Mal Cikampek, Jalan Jendral Ahmad Yani No.76, ☏ +62 858 4600 0688. Daily 9:00-21:00. Largest shopping centre in Cikampek with a variety of shops and cafés, and a large supermarket.
- 1 Restoran & Lesehan Alam Sari, Jl. Jendral Ahmad Yani No. 18, ☏ +62 264 838 6923. Regional Sundanese food. About Rp25,000-50,000 per person.
- 1 PrimeBiz Hotel Karawang, Blok C, Kota Bukit Indah (immediately next to the toll road junction), ☏ +62 264 837 1010. Modern business hotel. Double rooms from Rp450,000 per night..
- 2 Kota Bukit Indah Plaza Hotel, Kota Bukit Indah Blok L, ☏ +62 264 351 888. Four-star hotel with several cafés/restaurants, karaoke, swimming pool, tennis court, golf driving range, rental bicycles, and spa facilities. Double rooms from Rp730,000 per night.