Swansea is a town near the mouth of the Taunton River in Massachusetts.
Swansea, MA is a quiet suburb of Providence, RI and Fall River, MA. The town is an ocean front town that has a town beach. The town also has many streams and reservoirs that are good for fishing. The Swansea Mall is a single floor shopping complex located on Swansea Mall Drive. Major Highways that run through the town include Rte. 6, Rte. 103 (which leads you toward the town beach), Rte. 118, Rte. 136, and Interstate 195. The town also has rich history as well. Swansea is nice place to visit for the family and couples.
- T.F. Green Airport in Warwick, RI is the nearest major airport.
- Interstate 195 passes through Swansea. (Exits 2, and 3 connect you to the town)
- Route 6 passes through Swansea
- Route 118 (Swansea Mall is located on this highway)
- Route 103 (connects you to Ocean Grove which is an ocean front neighborhood of Swansea that is home to the town beach)
- Route 136 (Eskimo King located on this highway)
Swansea has bus service along Route 6 provided by the Southeastern Regional Transit Authority (SRTA). The nearest regional bus service is in Fall River.
By commuter rail
The nearest rail service is in Providence. There are plans in the works to bring commuter rail service to Fall River, which would give the town rail access to Boston.
Swansea is full of bike riders, joggers, and dog walkers. The town has many bike routes on its roads. Some roads include Old Warren Rd., and Route 118. There is a Major Bikepath in the area. The East Bay Bike Path is a 14 mile bike path that stretches from Providence to Bristol along the shoreline of Narragansett Bay. It passes through the city of East Providence as well as the nearby townships of Barrington and Warren.
- Martin House Farm, G.A.R. Highway, North Swansea. 1728
- J.G. Luther Museum (home of the Swansea Historical Society), Old Warren Rd. (intersection of Maple Avenue and Pearse Road).
- Simcock House, 1074 Sharps Lot Road.
- Canyon, 1 Burnside Dr..
- Swansea Marina 161 Calef Ave.
- Swansea Boat Ramp 560 Ocean Grove Ave.
- Village Park 24 Main St. (Beautiful hiking spot)
- Swansea Dam 195 Main St.
-Swansea Town Beach:560 Ocean Grove Ave.
- Beach Parking Permits available at the Beach Shack
9AM to 4 pm - weather permitting Gates closed at 7 pm or when dark - whichever comes first Life guards on duty daily from 10AM to 4PM NO dogs, NO fires, NO overnight camping and NO alcohol.
- Covel Estates Playground
- Hiking in Village Park and the Canyon
- Bike Riding
Target (under construction- will be completed July 2011) located RK Swansea Place
Swansea Mall (80+ stores, 3 anchor stores) 118 Swansea Mall Dr.
Macy's Swansea Mall- 118 Swansea Mall Drive
Sears Swansea Mall- 262 Swansea Mall Drive
Walmart Swansea Mall- 400 Swansea Mall Drive (regular Wal-Mart, to be demolished once Walmart Supercenter is complete)
Walmart Supercenter (Swansea Mall)- construction to start in spring. Expected to finish December 2011- May 2012. (Expected Sq.feet expected to be at 160,000 sq.ft.)
Cardi's Furniture- 4 Furniture Way
CVS/pharmacy- Route 6/Market St. (under construction- expected to be completed Late Spring 2011- Summer 2011)
Marshall's Department Store Swansea Crossing- 207 Swansea Mall Drive (Will move to RK Swansea Place, July 2011)
Dollar Tree- 58 Swansea Mall Drive
Price Rite (grocery store)- 58 Swansea Mall Drive
- The Bloomin Barn, 279 Gardners Neck Rd., ☏ . Country Primitive Gift Shop, Geenhouse, Pond Supplies, Koi, etc.
Venus De Milo- 75 GAR Highway
Thai Taste- 544 Milford Road Suite #1
Kent's Restaurant- 1675 GAR Highway
Umi Japanese Steakhouse- 579 GAR Highway (RK Swansea Place)
Cornerstone Restaurant & Bakery- 1713 GAR Highway
Cathay Pearl Restaurant- 2416 GAR Highway
Hoy Tin Restaurant- 630 GAR Highway
Pizzatella (Swansea Mall foodcourt)- 262 Swansea Mall Drive
Anthony's First Restaurant- 1072 GAR Highway
China Max (Swansea Mall foodcourt)- 262 Swansea Mall Drive
Wendy's- 628 GAR Highway
Eskimo King Ice Cream and Yogurt- 29 Market St.
Simply Simons- 481 Wilbur Ave.
Plaza Pizza II- 544 Milford Rd. Suite #16
Michael's Restaurant- 29 Market St.
Bench Warmers- 317 Ocean Grove Ave.
Tickle's- 2219 GAR Highway
Subway Sandwiches- 79 Swansea Mall Drive
Auntie Anne's Pretzel (Swansea Mall Food Court)- 262 Swansea Mall Drive
Town House of Pizza- 395 Wilbur Avenue
Eric's Finest Coney Island Hot Dogs- 531 Wilbur Avenue
One Horse Pizzeria & Saloon- 1635 Gar Highway
Subway Sandwiches- 26 Market Street
McDonalds- 181 James Reynolds Road
Dunkin' Donuts- 681 GAR Highway
McDonalds- 631 GAR Highway
Haagan Dazs (Swansea Mall foodcourt)- 262 Swansea Mall Drive
unWined- 262 Swansea Mall Drive
Ruby Tuesday- 707 Swansea Mall Drive
Bench Warmers Pub- 317 Ocean Grove Ave.
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites, 1400 GAR Highway.
- Swansea Motor Inn, 999 GAR Highway.
- Shangri-La Motel, 1495 Fall River Avenue, Seekonk, ☏ .
Popular New England tourist areas around town:
- Cape Cod is located about 44 miles east of the town.
- Newport, RI is located only 23 miles south of the town. Its about a half hour drive. Ocean Drive in Newport is the home of the Newport Mansions.
- Boston is located 54 miles northeast from Swansea. It's about a 1 hour drive.
- Providence, RI is only 13 miles to the west. The ride should only take 15 minutes.
- Battleship Cove, home of the USS Massachusetts battleship, is located in Fall River, MA which is only 5 miles. The ride will only be 5 minutes.
|Routes through Swansea|
|Providence ← Seekonk ←||W E||→ Somerset → New Bedford|
|Providence ← Seekonk ←||W E||→ Somerset → New Bedford|