As the major airport for the New England area, Logan provides frequent non-stop service to most major cities in the United States and almost all major European airports. Logan airport serves as a focus city for JetBlue and as a hub for Delta Air Lines, while American Airlines is another major carrier. The regional airline Cape Air and commuter airline PenAir also make Logan their base of operations. Flights tend to be on time, but you never know with that wild New England weather. Try not to plan your connections too tightly. Security is typically tight, like at most major American airports, and you can expect the TSA to be thorough, efficient, and quick.
Terminal A Delta (all departures), Southwest, WestJet
Terminal B Air Canada, American Airlines (all departures), Pen Air, Spirit, United, Virgin America
Terminal C Aer Lingus, Alaska Airlines, Cape Air, JetBlue (all departures), Sun Country Airlines, TAP Portugal (international departures), Virgin America
Terminal E Aeromexico, Air Europa, Air France, Alitalia, American Airlines (international arrivals), Avianca, Azores Airlines, British Airways, Cathay Pacific, Copa Airlines, Delta (international arrivals), El Al, Emirates, Hainan Airlines, Iberia, Icelandair, Japan Airlines, JetBlue (international arrivals), Lufthansa, Norwegian, Porter, Qatar Airways, Scandinavian Airlines, Swiss, TAP Portugal (international arrivals), Thomas Cook Airlines, Turkish Airlines, Virgin Atlantic, WOW Air
The aforementioned MassPort shuttles will connect you to Airport Station, where you can switch to the Blue line. For most travellers, however, the best option is to board the Silver line for free at Logan and transfer for free to the Red line. The Silver line whisks you straight from your terminal to South Station downtown. Transfers to other lines will also be gratis, but try to pick up a Charliecard at South Station if you plan on riding the T again. Service stops around 12:30AM, so if your flight arrives after this you'll be taking a cab.
Taxis are more expensive in Boston than in many other cities. Fortunately though, the airport is quite close to downtown. Costs could range from $25-50, depending on your final destination. There is no one livery for Boston taxis, although they are predominantly white (hence the local name "White Cabs"). Cab models will also vary, with Ford Crown Victorias and Toyota Camry hybrids being the most common. Since April 2017, ride-hailing services such as Uber and Lyft can pick up and drop off at Logan. Legislation can change however, so make sure this is still the case before you depart!
Check with your hotel about airport shuttle service, it's an amenity offered by many. Other shuttle services that visit the airport include:
- Logan Express. Offers direct bus service from Braintree, Framingham, Woburn, and Peabody. Buses leave every hour or so and trips take around 30-45 minutes. Conveniently, express buses also run to the airport from Copley square and Hynes Convention Center in the Back Bay. $7.50 one way.
- Axis Coach, ☎ . Airport limos to and from Logan airport or Manchester airports. from $79 one way.
If you're driving to Logan, routes are well marked, but the airport road system is complex. Read the signs carefully and be sure you're in the correct lane. If an unexpected off-ramp sneaks up on you, don't panic, you can just drive around the airport loop again.
All terminals in Logan are directly connected to the central parking garage like spokes on a hub. Terminals A and B are fairly close together, and it's possible to walk from C to E. Above-ground enclosed walkways connect all terminals, while free MassPort shuttle buses connect all airport services. Shuttle #11 loops around and quickly connects the four terminals together. Shuttle #22 and #33 connect the subway and rental car center, with terminals A&B and C&E respectively. Shuttle #55 runs during off-peak hours and connects everything, and the #66 shuttle adds the water transportation dock into the mix as well. Finally, shuttle #88 connects all terminals to the economy parking garage. If you're renting a car, take one of the shuttles and don't wait for a branded company van.
- Delta Sky Club.
- Near gate A18. 6 am - 7:30 pm.
- Across from gate A7.
- United Club, Terminal B, between B23 and B24. MWThFSu 4:30 am - 8:15 pm Tu 4:30 am - 7:30 pm Sa 4:30 am - 7pm.
- American Airlines Admiral Club.
- Near gate B4 (Straight from security on the south side). 5:30 am - 8:30 pm, Sat 5:30 am - 5:00 pm.
- Near gate B30 (After security on the north side, turn left, then turn right and walk to the lounge). 4:15 am - 8:30 pm.
- The Lounge (The Lounge - Aer Lingus / Emirates), Terminal 3, between C18 and C19 across from the gates. Daily 6AM-11PM.
- Lufthansa Lounge, Terminal E, level 4 (Elevator and stairs across from gate E11). Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday 13:30 – 23:45; Tuesday, Thursday 13:30 – 22:15; Sunday 13:30 – 23:00.
- British Airways Lounge.
- Air France Lounge.
- The Lounge.
- The Club.
- Virgin Antlatic Clubhouse, Terminal A, Level 2 (Departures) near gate A8.
Eat and Drink
Logan has a bevy of dining options scattered throughout its terminals, some of them are even good! Nowadays it's possible to find local farm-to-table fare and a wide selection of organic microbrews on tap. Of course this is America after all, so you can bet a McDonald's or Sbarro will never be out of sight.
For shopping, you'll easily be able to find a new book or magazine once past security. You could also buy fancy new shoes, headphones, or a hundred other things.
- Hilton Boston Logan Airport, 1 Hotel Dr. Check-in: 4PM, check-out: 11AM. Hotel is connected to terminals A & E by skybridge. 24- hours shuttle service available for airport terminals (probably faster than walking of you're going to terminals B or C), as well as to the T and water taxi.
|Routes through Boston Logan International Airport|
|Boston ←||W E||→ END|
|END ←||N S||→ South Boston → Downtown Boston|
|Revere ← Winthrop ←||N S||→ East Boston → Downtown Boston|