T.Narsipur or Tirumakudal Narsipur is a temple town in Mysore district of Karnataka province in India.
T.Narsipur is at the confluence of three holy rivers and so has many temples of ancient origin.
T.Narsipur is 132 km from Bangalore and 35 km from Mysore. Road is the only option available as there are no railway stations or airports. The nearest operating airport is at Bangalore.
Autorikshaws are the best option for getting around. Avoid local buses as they stop everywhere and take a lot of time.
- Gunja Narasimha Swamy temple.
- Agasthyeshwara temple.
- Bhiksheswara temple.
- Trekking (2 km). Vidyodaya College and Ganapathi temple areas near the bus station are good for a peaceful walk.
- Picnic at Sosale village. The temple at Sosale village is only at a distance of three kilometers and the temple premises are ideal for a picnic as there absolute silence and a vast expanse of paddy fields surround you. The temple is not visited by many but it is breathtakingly beautiful.
- Ride a bus to Mysore. A trip to Mysore via Bannur town is very refreshing because of many green villages and temples on the way. After T.Narsipur, the road to Bannur goes through Sosale, Somanathpur and Kethupura before reaching Bannur town. After Bannur, there are villages like Madegowdahuddi, Hunganahalli, Bidarahalli, Harohalli and Mellahally. After Harohalli, the trip becomes a little suburban with engineering colleges and residential suburbs beginning to appear. After the police checkpost at Delhi Public School area, the ring road appears. There is a resort called Vilasi which is going to open in 2016 and the ring road junction marks the beginning of the city. The next junction is called Teresian college junction which is well inside Mysore city.
High class shopping is possible only in Mysore city. T.Narsipur has a fairly big market offering wares for the village people. Beware of food items as they can be of unhealthy type. But jackfruits and pineapples you can try as they are offered in small pieces wrapped in clean plastic packets.
- Srinivasa Restaurant, opp.Bus Station, T.Narsipur. Good place for clean vegetarian food like chapathis, rice and vegetable preparations.
- Udupi Hotel, Near Taluk office, T.Narsipur. Home made food, first hotel of T.Narasipur, Good place for clean and hygeinic vegetarian food like Dosa, Idli, Puliyogare, Jamun, etc
There are many small and economical lodges in T.Narasipur. Most of them have only basic facilities meant for temple visitors. Better accommodation is available at Mysore.
By B.S.N.L.(Cellone) mobile network which has wide coverage here.