Jump to navigation Jump to search
I think this is close to Guide status, but as the only writer so far & someone who has spent only about a week on the island, I cannot be sure. Other opinions? Better yet, contributions? Pashley (talk) 19:17, 8 April 2015 (UTC)
- Pashley, great job with the article! I'm glad you like the banner. In case you find a better picture, for example one of your own ones, let me know and I'll be hapy to crop it. Regarding the status, how much do you think could not be covered by you? Is there much more to be seen? Other kinds of accommodation? There are not many listings for a guide, but it is possible that there is not much more on offer. In that case, I'd go for guide. Would it be possible to add a dynamic map and coordinates for the listings? I don't think it's a condition for guide status though. --Danapit (talk) 20:16, 10 April 2015 (UTC)
- No comment & no other editors in a few months. I've added some things, will now bump it to Guide & nominate as OtBP destination. Pashley (talk) 17:28, 25 July 2015 (UTC)
- The thing is that there are other potential listings mentioned here, they're just not listed. With this being a 32000 people place, it doesn't seem so small that one wouldn't benefit from directions at all. Ideally, it should properly list some of those "floating restaurants", point out where the small places serving Filipino food are, and which are the best ones to try. There are plenty of travellers (like me :)) who typically prefer to stay clear of resorts. Some of the other statements are also vague, like It is also possible to hire a boat to get to various smaller islands nearby; some of those have good diving. It would be useful to know which ones, and where and for what price a boat could be hired. The only listed sights/activities are snorkeling, diving and bird watching, but there's no information on where one can rent diving or snorkelling gear. And how does that bird watching work here? Are guided tours available and common? Where are the good beaches mentioned in the intro? The article now suggests this is not a good place for backpackers as the resorts are expensive, but what about camping near the sanctuary? Their site says it's possible. Or how long would it take to get here from a hostel in Cebu, and make it a daytrip? Go next should be expanded to give at least a few options of where you can go (which islands are an option?).
- I know it's probably not easy to get all this information unless you're there. I don't mean to say it's not a good article, only that it's not a great feature yet, as it leaves a reader with questions. JuliasTravels (talk) 08:29, 27 July 2015 (UTC)
- Good points. For now I've demoted it back to usable & will suggest slushing of the OtBP nomination. I'll be there again around November, will see what I can do about some of the suggestions then. Pashley (talk) 13:47, 27 July 2015 (UTC)