restaurant nostalgie in Olomouc is not really the right place for pleasant dinner with good wine.We had an aufull experience with wine bottle,Bottle was expensive,first problem was that waitress could not open the bottle,cause the cork was dry so left somewhere and came back after few minutes with open bottle.Ok...I tried wine and it was acid and bitter,impossible to drink thats why i wanted to order new bottle,but manager told us that bottle is ok and if everybody would say "its bad" about such expensive wine that is nonsens...We were shocked.The restaurant seemed like hight standart restaurant but it is only first wiew.Personal was aufull,be really carefull to order anything in this restaurant .
It has now closed for business, so it seems you weren't the only one who felt this way...;-)
This article is listed as being at Guide status, but if it really is a Guide, it's as yet a weak one, as many of the listings lack location information. It's essential to make every listing as complete as possible, in that it should have a clear street address, telephone number, URL and email address, where available, and opening hours and entrance fee where relevant. The article also needs a city map. Once those things are taken care of, it seems like this city is an ideal Off the Beaten Path candidate. Any other tasks that are required or advisable, in your opinion? Ikan Kekek (talk) 07:55, 14 February 2015 (UTC)
- I think I can help with the listings sometime soon. I don't remember ever been to Olomouc, but at least I can understand the local language, so finding the informnation should be relatively easy for me :) Danapit (talk) 19:56, 14 February 2015 (UTC)
Possibly outdated listings
- And I added some more annual events, which I suspect might be discontnued. If that's not the case, please move them back in. Danapit (talk) 17:05, 15 February 2015 (UTC)
- Walking tours Perhaps the best thing you can do while in Olomouc is to join up with a walking tour. Olomouc Tours  offers walking and cycling tours throughout the year and even a free! introductory tour in July and August. The tours visit little known places like the torture chamber beneath the Sarkander chapel and the old communist party headquarters out near the Morava River.
- The Easter Music Festival involves performances of international musicians in the cathedral and largest churches of Olomouc.
- The Marshall Radetzky Celebrations on the first weekend of September draw military bands from across Europe to honour the legendary Austrian general, onetime commander of the Olomouc Fortress and subject of Johann Strauss' immortal 'Radetzky March'.
- Crossroads is a festival of Central European cultural exchange betweens artists, writers, musicians and translators from neighbouring countries. For the public there are readings, films and concerts.
- The Hanácká Hospoda ((pron-‘hanatska hospoda’)). This is your best chance to try the traditional food of the region and it comes in big portions, for not much money. They also have a beerhall in the basement but the main restaurant is on street level. The Menu is in the local Hana dialect with a Czech translation, but is also available in English and German. Haná is the name of the culturally unique region surrounding Olomouc, and Hospoda just means pub. An example from the menu is "Chicken-a-la-Duck" Half a roast chicken with cabbage and potato dumplings, for 109Kc (about €4). It is also worth trying some of the dishes containing 'Olomoucké tvarůžky', the traditional cheese of the region. It is on the Lower Square (Dolní náměstí), close to the main square. 
- Hlava 21, Uhelná 21. The space is clean and modern and the well-priced and delicious meals keep the place busy. They also have an extensive selection of cocktails. Chicken with broccoli and steamed vegetables 129Kc
This sentence regarding accommodation might also be outdated. I am not sure which railway station hostel is meant here, so I took it out until somebody can update on that.
Another cheap option is the railway station hostel, along the tracks to the north of the main station. The old communist era building is run down, and neither the hostel nor the area around the train station can be recommended for females travelling alone.