Jump to navigation Jump to search
Visitor information center
- 1 Tanabe Tourist Information Center (田辺市観光センター) (the next building on your left when going out of the train station). The office provides lots of information about the area. The staff are friendly and speak very good English.
- 1 Ogigahama Beach (田辺扇ヶ浜海水浴場) (follow the main street in front of the train station).
- 2 Tenjinzaki Cape (天神崎).
- Hike the Kumano Kodo. This ancient pilgrimage route offers several possibilities. A popular 2-day trip starts from Takijiri (40 minutes bus ride from Tanabe) and goes to Hongu. From here you can either continue to Nachi or head north to the Koyasan. The tourist office will give you a free map and will shuttle your luggage for a fee.
- 1 Ryujin Onsen (龍神温泉) (One hour northeast of the city center). Riverside Onsen town with many open air onsens, the hotspring's water is said to result in smooth skin.
- 1 [dead link] Tentsuku Guest House (てんつくゲストハウス), 948 Minato, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 15:00, check-out: 10:00. Small guest house with shared tatami rooms only. ¥2900 the first night, then ¥2500.
|Routes through Tanabe|
|Wakayama ← Kainan ←||W E||→ Shirahama → Kushimoto → Nachi Katsu'ura|
|Wakayama ← Kainan ←||N E||→ in to → Nanki Shirahama|
|Kōya ←||N S||→ END|