Tarbert is a village on Harris in Outer Hebrides, Scotland. Tarbert is a small picturesque village with a population of just over 500. It is the main town and ferry terminal for the Island of Harris. Its central location makes it an ideal base for anybody wanting to tour both Harris and Lewis. The council operate an excellent and frequent bus service from Tarbert during the summer months.
- Caledonian MacBrayne, . The national ferry service. Citylink coaches generally connect with the ferries on the mainland. Details below are for the summer timetable
- Uig on Skye to Tarbert Mon-Sat 1 or 2 per day taking 1 hour 40 minutes.
There are good bus services during the day Mon - Sat, but little in the evening and no buses on a Sunday. Buses to Tarbert run as part of the Western Isles Overland Route from Stornoway and Leverburgh to connect with the ferry to Berneray and North Uist
The village can easily be explored on foot.
Because of its central location you can easily see all parts of the island from Harris. Harris has some of the most stunning scenery in any of the Scottish Islands, the glorious beaches of West Harris are 20 minutes bus journey from Tarbert. If on foot there are some excellent walks that can be done from Tarbert such as Rhenigidale, Laxdale Lochs and Ben Luskentyre.
St. Clement's Church in Rodel
If you are the adventurous type get in touch with The Scaladale Centre, +44 1859 502502,  they offer kayaking, abseiling, coasteering etc.
- 1 Isle of Harris Distillery, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. tours at Mon: 12pm, 2pm; Tue - Fri: 10am, 12pm, 2pm; Sat: 12pm. Distillery which opened in 2015, initially distilling gin, but planning to distil whisky. £10.
- 1 Rhenigidale Youth Hostel, HS3 3BD. A hostel run by the Gatliff Hebridean Hostels Trust in the remote village of Rhenigidale, which is 6 miles from Tarbert on foot, or 13 miles by road. The road has only been there since 1990 and the only way in used to be on foot or by boat. The hostel does not take bookings, and has no phone.
- 2 The Backpackers Stop, Main Street, HS3 3DJ, ☎ . Hostel with 3 dormitories, sleeping 22 in total. bed £20.
Bed and Breakfast
- Tigh Na Mara, Tarbert HS3 3DB, ☎ . This B&B is less than 5 minutes walk from the Ferry Tarbert.
- Avalon, 12 West Side, West Tarbert, HS3 3BG, ☎ . About a mile from the ferry.
- Crook Cottage, Ardslave, Isle of Harris, ☎ . Check-in: 16.00, check-out: 10.00. The traditionally built Hebridean Croft House provides self catering accommodation for up to 6 people and is available to let on a weekly basis. Holiday rental is from Saturday to Saturday. £380 - £495 per week.
- Collam Villa, Scott Rd, Tarbert, Isle of Harris, ☎ . Check-in: 16.00, check-out: 10.00. Collam Villa is a 4 bedroom, self-catering villa overlooking the village of Tarbert with views East to the Isle of Skye and West to the Atlantic Ocean. Can comfortably hold from 2 people wanting the property to themselves to a family or group of 9 people + cot. Location provides an ideal central position from which to explore the beaches, bays and hills of Harris as well as giving simple access to the sites of interest in the Isle of Lewis.
- Macleod Motel, Tarbert, HS3 3DG, ☎ .