Calmac Ferries  runs several ferry services to Harris and Lewis:
- from Uig on Skye to Tarbert on Harris
- from Berneray (an island which is joined by a road causeway to North Uist) to Leverburgh on Harris.
- from Ullapool to Stornoway on Lewis.
- Seallam! Visitor Centre, Northton (An Taobh Tuath), HS3 3JA, ☎ . Genealogy Research Centre Open 10am - 5pm Monday - Saturday £2.50.
- MacGillivray Centre, Northton. Unmanned exhibition about an orthologist.
- Visit the abandoned village of Moliginish, near Rhenigidale
- Golf. Play at Scarista. 9 hole course
- See a display of weaving at the Harris Tweed and Knitwear  Shop in Plockropool
- Sea Harris, Leverburgh/Tarbert, ☎ . Daily boat trips to St. Kilda World Heritage Site.
- Take a scenic walk along the coast from Tarbert to Rhenigidale
- Walk to the top of Clisham (799m), the highest mountain of the Western Isles.
- Skoon Art Cafe, 4 Geocrab, Isle of Harris, HS3 3HB, ☎ . Mar-Oct Tue-Sat 10am-5pm.
- Atlantic Edge, 11 Ferry Road, Leverburgh, HS5 3UA, ☎ .
The MacLeod Motel in Tarbert is by far the best pub in the Island to visit. The locals are friendly to tourists and go out of their way to make them welcome. The food is superb with local sea food featuring highly. During summer they have Scottish ceilidh music live in the bar.
- Am Bothan, Ferry Road, Leverburgh, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. A comfortable and clean hostel, located near the ferry landing in Leverburgh.
- Rhenigidale Hostel, Rhenigidale (The building has white walls and a grey roof with three small skylights on the side of the valley, it is on the east side of the hamlet, a few metres above the road.). This hostel is a renovated croft house in the tranquil hamlet of Rhenigidale. There are no shops nearby, so bring along food. The hostel does not take bookings. dorm bed: £12, camping: £8.
- Bed and Breakfast at Ceol na Mara. Nestled among the hills a few minutes' drive from Tarbert, Isle of Harris, you will find Ceol na Mara Guest House, a 20th century Hebridean house set in 55 acres of unspoiled crofting land enjoying spectacular views over Loch Kindebig and beyond.
- Camping Most visitors to Harris camp. There are sites around the island, some extremely picturesque, some not official. Please take your litter home if you decide to do wild camping!