Thamarassery is a major town of Kozhikode district and it is a taluk headquarters. It is 30 km east of Kozhikode on the foothills of Wayanad District. Thamarassery is the starting point for reaching towns like Koyilandy, Kalpetta, Mukkam, Nilambur, Koduvally, Thiruvambady, Balussery and Kodencheri.
Thamarassery is 31 km by bus from Kozhikode. It is on the Kozhikode - Bangalore road. There is no railway station here.
- Cup and Saucer Tree, Century Auditorium, Pantheer Padam, Kunnamangalam (16 km). very photogenic
- 1 Indian Institute of Management, Kunnamangalam (16 km). 97 acre campus
- 2 Indian Institute of Spices Research, East Moozhikkal.
- Kakkayam Dam (37 km). Vehicles are permitted inside the forest and at the end of the trip, you have some 14 km exclusive ride inside the dense rain forest. There are many viewpoints on the way with some small waterfalls. Dam entrance fee is ₹40 per head. Remember to pack your picnic bag from Thalayil town because nothing is available beyond this point. Offroad cycling facility is offered inside the forest track. Boating facility is available in the forest lake.
- 3 Kozhippara Waterfalls, Koodaranji (34 km). Ideal for swimming and trekking.
- Markazu Saqafathi Sunniya (Sunni University), Karanthur (18 km). Sprawling campus with 20,000 students.
- National Institute of Technology, Kunnamangalam (13 km). 300 acre campus in hilly surroundings.
- Odungakkad Dargah, Kalpetta Road (14 km). Ancient forest shrine that gives free food to devotees occasionally.
- Orthodox Valiya Church, Engampuzha (11 km).
- Shree Manathanath Annapoorneshwari Temple, Kunnamangalam.
- Sri Rama Swamy temple, Kozhikode Road (2 km). scenic surroundings.
- 4 Thusharagiri Falls (20 km). There are two streams here and they join to form a Chalippuzha river. The word 'Thushara' means snow and this name is given because the waterfall looks snowy. There are three branches of the waterfall and the highest falls from 75 m. This place is also ideal for trekking and rock climbing.
- Umbrella Tree, IHRD College of Applied Science, Thamarassery. Mexican species caesalpinia cornelia. Eight year growth into a cute niche.
- 5 Vellari Mala (Camel's Hump mountains), near Anakkampoyil (29 km). Vavul Mala peak is in this mountain and it is at an altitude of 2339m. The hill ranges are accessible by foot from Muthappanpuzha, near Anakkampoyil. About 6 km by foot from Muthappanpuzha on the way to Vellarimala hills is the waterfall called Olichuchattam. It is situated 15 km from Thiruvambady. KSRTC Bus Services are available from Thiruvambady to Anakkampoyil and Muthappanpuzha. Swargam Kunnu or Paradise hill is also situated here. Vellarimala - Swargam Kunnu - Hasthakappara - Olichuchattam - Marippuzha - Muthappanpuzha Trecking is possible with forest department permission. Now a new road is there from Thiruvambady to Marippuzha.
- Vennakkad Hanging Bridge, Near KIMS Hospital, South Koduvally (8 km).
- Trekking, Adivaram to Lakkidi (10 km). Holy walk 8 am first Friday of every month.
- 1 Visit Adivaram village, Wayanad road (17 km). Jesus park, rivers, foothills and fine restaurants. Good views from the fourth hairpin bend.
- 2 Visit Anakkampoyil village (22 km). Get into a bus from Thiruvampady to Anakkampoyil. You go by the road on the bank of Kaliyampuzha river. After seeing Areeppara waterfall, you go by rubber plantations and reach the scenic Anakkampoyil village. There is an Infant Jesus shrine here and also a little green mosque from where you will get good hill valley views. If you can walk one km from the last stop you can reach the beautiful Muthappan Puzha river. You can also visit Vellari Mala mountain from there. Distances to Anakkampoyil: from Thiruvampady. 12 km, from Mukkam. 20 km, from Kozhikode. 55 km, from Thamarassery.22 km
- Fischer Factory outlet, Pallikkunnu, Kalpetta Road (15 km). Footwear on discount prices
- Gold Town of Koduvally (7 km). 100 jewelleries in a one sq.km area
- Kozhikodan Halva. Halva is a sweet and sticky substance made of maidha and oil. It is sold in the shape of bricks in plastic packets. Different flavors are available like jackfruit halva, carrot halva, date halva and the best of all the black halva. If you are health conscious, just keep away from all the halvas.
- Maharajah Furniture, Thamarassery. Majestic building
- Sanam Gift Bazaar, Thamarassery town.
- Almount Relax Inn, Adivaram (17 km), ☏ .
- Brothers Hotel, Behind Bus stand, Kunnamangalam (15 km). Spacious village restaurant serving traditional food.
- Hasthinapuri Restaurant, Chungam, Thamarassery. (upmarket).
- Heritage Restaurant, Mysore Road (4 km). Very spacious parking facility
- K. R. Bakery, Near HDFC Bank (1 km).
- Mount View Fast Food, Fourth Hairpin Bend (15 km). Terrific views.
- Viceroy Restaurant, Adivaram, Kalpetta Road (17 km). for Kuzhimanthhi pit cooked chicken
- White House Restaurant, Odungakkad (14 km). Majestic structure with ample parking facility
- Zain family restaurant, Near KSRTC workshop (1 km).
- Al-Madeena Juice Park, Kozhikode Road (2 km).
- Dolphin Towers Tourist Home, Wayanad Road, Thamarassery (1 km).
- Hasthinapuri Inn, Thamarassery (1 km).
- Hotel Ambassador, Adivaram (17 km).
- Mount Relax Lodge, Adivaram, ☏ .
- Paradise Tourist Home, Wayanad Road, Thamarassery (1 km).
- Royal Tourist Home, Chungam, Thamarassery (1 km), ☏ .
- Area code national: 0495
- Area code international: +91 495