- 1 Kozhikode
- 2 Beypore
- 3 Farook College
- 4 Feroke
- 5 Kappad
- 6 Koyilandy
- 7 Kunnamangalam
- 8 Ramanattukara
- 9 Thamarassery
- 10 Thiruvambady
- 11 Vatakara
- Kakkayam — forests, waterfalls, reservoir and an ideal place for rock climbing
- Peruvannamuzhi (Kuttiyadi) — dam and gardens
- Pulimoottu at Beypore — for 1km walkway into the sea
The people of Kozhikode District are generally peaceful and less politicized compared to the neighboring Kannur District. Tourists are most welcomed
Kozhikode Airport is in Karipur, 29 km. Trains are available from all Indian cities. Buses are available from major Indian cities. Government buses can be distinguished by the letters RTC or Road Transport Corporation at the end (e.g. KSRTC, TNRTC, WBRTC). More expensive and comfortable options are the night buses run by private agencies. They originate from all Indian cities and offer aircraft type seating.
Autorikshaws are the popular option here because they charge only ₹15 per km. all tais are also aailable Buses charge ₹7 for three km. Minibuses are a little more popular because of their friendly attitude to the passengers but they are available only in the cities. Air-conditioned cars and jeeps are also available at ₹1,000 for one day's contract.
- Beypore Pulimoott — for a seawalk
- Chaliyam — village and beach
- Elamaram jetty — on Chaliyara river
- Mananchira Pond — in the heart of Kozhikode city
- Mishkal Masjidh — Kuttichira
- Peruvannamuzhy Dam — Kuttiady
- Sarovaram Bio Park — Kozhikode
- Tali Temple — Palayam
- Tusharagiri Forest — Thamarassery
Only Kerala food cooked in coconut oil is available in most restaurants. North Indian and Chinese foods are available. European food is available in expensive hotels and resorts. All international fast food chains are operating in the city.
Wine and beer are available easily but for stronger drinks you have to go to star hotels and nightlife is only avaialbe in main city
Kozhikode District is safe to travel in the daytime. Villages get deserted after 8PM because of local habit of early retirement.