Vatakara has a local muncipal government. They can be reached at email@example.com or telephone number 0496-2512378
- 1 Vatakara railway station (വടകര തീവണ്ടി നിലയം).
Use taxis, buses and autorickshaws.
- Vatakara Halva. This very sweet and colorful solid stuff made from maida (highly refined wheat) is available at a few shops near Palayam Junction and comes in various flavors, such as banana, ghee, coconut, cashew, date, tender coconut, pineapple and jack-fruit. However, karutha haluva (black haluva) made from rice is the most popular variety. If you are health conscious, simply keep away from all halvas.
- Basel Evangelical Church, on the bank of Moorad river. Established in 1864
- Chennamangalam Temple (2 km (1.2 mi) from Vatakara). Famous for the Dhwaja Prathishta
- 1 Lokanarkavu Temple, Memunda (5 km (3.1 mi) from Vatakara). Rock-cut caves, murals and carvings. 1500 years old. Very famous temple in Malabar side, associated with the famous Kerala Ballards (Vakkum Pattu) and with the heroic deeds of the Thacholi family of feudal knights. The goddess Durga is believed to sit here in a war form, eagerly waiting to cry for battle. Numerous myths and stories exist with the temple.
- Payam Kuttimala Temple, Memunda. Scenic hill top ideal to watch the sunset.
- Peruvannamuzhi Gardens, Kuttiady. The dam site is open for visitors from 8:30AM to 5:00PM.
- Sandbanks Bungalow. Beautiful sunsets
- Silent Beach, Opp Sand Banks (7km).
- 2 Sargaalaya Kerala Arts & Crafts Village, Iringal (22 km), ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. 10 am to 6 pm. Sprawling 20 acre property with 60 cottage shaped stalls. Articles made of banana fibre, coir, bamboo, sand, coconut shells, husk, palm leaves, coconut leaves and screw-pine are exhibited and sold here. Performance of classical and folk art forms are also organized regularly. Boating facility is available in the river.
- Sidha Samaj Siddhasaram Commune, ☏ . It is sort of free society where they carry out many agricultural activities including cultivation of medicinal plants and manufacture of Ayurvedic medicines. Children are brought up without parental tags. They have branches in other cities of India.
- Uralungal Society (ULCCS), Madappilly College, ☏ , email@example.com. Unique experimental labor initiative.
- Thirikakkayam waterfalls, The Nadapuram region of Kozhikode district. The Thirikakkayam waterfalls near Karuvalam on the Vanimel Mountain are a paradise for tourists. The place is thronged by tourists from June to December. At Thirikakkayam, water falls from a height of 50 m (160 ft).
- Nadapuram Mudi. Nadapuram Mudi is a lesser known scenic area in the forest areas of Kannur, Kozhikode and Wayanad. Since this place has very few visitors, not even the natives know much about this place. One can see the famous Nadapuram Mosque from this peak, or mudi, and this is where it gets its name.
- Vilangad Dam, Near Vanimel.
- Chelelakkavu temple, Near Vanimel.
- Chakkarakkundu forest, Near Vanimel.
- Channanathamkundu hills, near Vanimel.
- Kannukulam Thannerthadam, Near Vanimel.
- Vagbadananda Park, Karakkad. A beautiful walkway beginning from Nadapuram Road railway station to the National highway with wide footpaths and tactile tiles to help the differently-abled people.
- Imperial Hotel, Puthiyappa.
- Indian Coffee House, Nut Street, ☏ .
- New Aryabhavan Vegetarian, Near Bus station.
- Rakesh Hotel (Veerancheri).
- Rinsha Hotel, Near Railway Station, ☏ .
- Dwaraka Restaurant, Near Bus Station.
- Motel Aaram, ☏ . ₹500.00.
- Opal Inn, Edodi.
- Sreemani Tourist Home, Busstand Building.
- Queens Tourist Home, Queens Road (opp old bus stand), ☏ , , firstname.lastname@example.org. ₹999 onwards.
Vatakara is the vigilante capital of Kerala state. Kerala people are on the whole very conservative, but in Vatakara, they have made it a fashion to attack young couples going out together. Young people have been were attacked several times for walking together before getting married. Even married couples were attacked under the assumption that they are a pair in love. So bring your passport, air ticket and marriage certificate. Avoid such commonplace expressions as girlfriend, living together and LGBT.