Jump to navigation Jump to search
Feroke is a small town near Kozhikode in Malabar region, Kerala, India.
Feroke is an extremely beautiful place but the locals have overdeveloped the whole area with functional buildings and criss crossing roads. You have the sea, rivers and other water bodies wherever you look, but you must have the ability to ignore the traffic blocks and mindless commercialization.
Feroke has a major railway station. Buses are available from Kozhikode, 13 km. There is an airport at Kondotty 19 km.
- 1 Feroke railway station.
- Autorikshaws charge ₹15 per km
- Buses charge only ₹7 for 3 km.
- Walking is impossible as numerous noisy motorcycles pester you even in village roads.
- Ayyappa Temple, Mannur on Kadalundy Road.
- Arimbra Hills (28 km). 1,000 m above sea level
- Bhagavathy Temple, Pediyattu Kunnu.
- 1 Chaliyam (5 km). Beach, lighthouse, fishing village.
- Childrens' Park, Near the Railway Bridge, Cheruvannoor. Very tiny park with swings, merry-go-rounds, and slides. Ideal for taking photographs because of the river, bridge and wooden boats.
- 2 Commonwealth Tile Factory, Feroke (1 km).
- Elamaram Jetty (22 km). Ferry service across River Chaliyar for only ₹5 per head. Take the 4:15PM bus to Edavannappara. Travel by bus/auto to Elamaram jetty. Cross the river and come back the same route.
- 3 Kadalundy (8 km). Bird sanctuary. Birds can be spotted only between November and February. (Herons, Sandpipers, whimbrels and Terns).
- Shri Kurumba Temple, Mammili Kadavu (2 km). Very scenic rriveside footpath ending in a temple. Very photogenic place and ideal for long view photographs of Feroke town on the other side of Chaliyar river.
- Shri Subramanya Temple, Pazhanchannur.
- 4 Shrikandeswara Temple, Chaliyam.
- 5 Tippus Fort. Remnants of a fort of some historical importance, built by Tipu Sultan with a tunnel to the river. This fort is advisible only for adventurous visitors as there is no maintenance and snakes and other hazards can be expected.
- Paruthippara village. Buses are available from Ramanattukara bus stand at 6:20PM and 6:40PM.
- Beypore Sea Walk, Pulimoott (6 km).
- River Walk. Walk from the Railway Station to the Commonwealth Tile Factory on the bank of River Chaliyar.
- Visit a Rooftop farm, Chandran farm, Chaliyakath, Cheruvannur. Small rooftop farm growing rice, cabbage, lemon, ladies fingers, peas, carrots, brinjals, spinach, ginger and turmeric.
- Vazhayoor Hills, Azhinjilam Kakkov Road (Take diversion from Kottupadam to Peringavu Road). A ten-acre hill with scenic sunrise. Suitable for cycling and trekking. Ottamaram or 'single tree' is the highest point. Also accessible from Ramanattukara town by taking the Vazhayoor Road from the 11th Mile bus stop (6 km).
- Apple Mall, Near Railway Station.
- Preethy Mall, Near Railway Station.
- Kismath Bakery, Mankav. Snacks like Fish Rolls, Meat Rolls, Idimutta, and Karachi Pathiri.
- 1 Bhaskar Bakery, Opp. railway station. Bakery founded in 1959.
- 2 Century Restaurant, Near railway station. No parking facility.
- CFC Restaurant, Chungam (2 km). Parking facility.
- Chick n Lezat, Pettah (2 km). For chicken sandwiches. Parking facility.
- Grand Bakery and Restaurant, Chungam (2 km). Parking facility.
- Smitha Hotel, Juma Masjidh Road (1 km).
- Snack Bar, Inside the railway station.
- Kadalundy Meenkada (Hotel Kailasam), Near Puthiyapalam, Kadalundi kadavu. This is a small eatery that functions from a house. Famous for its fish fries and meals. This place is open only during lunch hours from noon to 3PM every day.
- Balakrishnan's Fried Fish shop, Kadalundy (3 km), ☏ +91 8606142305. Speciality restaurant for fish on coconut paste and other ethnic varieties. Parcels need booking before 9AM.
- New Variety Food, Areekad. Famous for hot pathiris, beef fry and chicken 65.
- Hotel Manchod, Beypore Road from Cheruvannur. for Fresh fish dishes and rice.
- Karthika Vanitha Hotel, Below Kottakkadav Bridge. for Fresh Fish Fry and rice.
- Janakeeya Hotel, Below Town Hall. Rice, two curries, fried vegetables and Pickles for Rs.20 only. Extra payment for fish fry.
- Hotel Monarch, Kadalundy Road (1 km), ☏ +91 4952482830, +91 4952482690, email@example.com. ₹2,500.
- Sadeer Lodge (Opp.Railway Station). ₹400.
- Soorya Galaxy, Near Koyas Hospital (2 km), ☏ +91 9388301018, +91 49524851140. ₹1,250.
- Malampuzha Gardens