Jump to navigation Jump to search
Ramanattukara a is a busy junction where the roads coming Palakkad and Trivandrum meet and join together towards Kozhikode. This town was formerly called Kandungan Chira village.
- Autorikshaws charge ₹15.00 per km
- Buses charge only ₹7.00 for three km.
- Walking is impossible as numerous noisy motorcycles pester you even in village roads.
- Beypore Port, Beypore.
- Light House, Chaliyam fishing village.
- Mini Ooty Hills, Arimbra village, near Kondotty. 1,000 m above sea level
- Shri Kurumba Temple, Mammili Kadavu, Near Koyas Hospital (2 km). Beautiful little temple in a very photogenic riverside location.
- Thali Maha Vishnu Temple, Azhinjilam (2 km).
- Climb a Hill, Thottungal Hill, Nisari Junction (2 km).
- Green Walk. One (4 km). Begin from the small road on the left side of Rolex Restaurant near the Bus Station. Continue walking past Aptech Computers and reach a scenic road in the middle of paddy fields. Don't take any right turn. Continue walking upto Homeo hospital and come back by bus. This road has the unique beauty of having paddy fields and banana cultivation on both sides of the road.
- Green Walk.Two (6 km). Start from Annapoorna Restaurant on Kallayi Road. Get into the Krishi Bhavan Road on the right side of the restaurant. Continue walking for two kilometres and never take any right turn. You can walk through an expanse of paddy fields until you reach 'Ette Nalu' on the main road. Whenever you get confused, ask for 'Ette Nalu' which means "8 by 4" in Malayalam.
- Ride the Jankar, Beypore. Pay ₹4 per head and you can cross the Chaliyar river and reach the scenic villages of Chaliyam and Kadalundi.
- Sea drive, Chaliyam pulimoott (too many vehicles except in the early morning).
- Sea walk, Pulimoott, Beypore. (one km walk, extremely crowded except in the early morning). Vehicles are not allowed on the sea walk.
- Watch the Birds, Kadalundy Bird Sancutary (9 km).
- Bus Stand Mall. For exchanging mobile handsets and getting their accessories at cheap rates.
- New Surabhi Mall (immediate south of the bus station). Very good ambiance. Many boutiques selling upmarket clothes and jewellery. Little coffee shop and spacious supermarket on the ground floor. Big waiting hall for aged companions with a playroom for children with toys and all.
- P. T. S. Halwa Stall, Manjeri Road (1 km). Halwa is a very sweet and colorful solid stuff made from maida (highly refined wheat) and comes in various flavors like banana, coconut, cashew, date, pineapple and jack-fruit. If you are health conscious, keep away from all halwas.
- Reliance Fresh, Manjeri Road. AC supermarket for packed food and soft drinks.
- Annapoorna Kallayi Road, Near SBT, Kallayi Road, Ramanattukara. (Opens at 7.00 am), ☏ . Vegetarian restaurant with parking facility only for two cars.
- Annapoorna Bypass Road, Opp. Thali Temple, Azhinjilam, Ramanattukara (Opens at 6.15 am), ☏ . Vegetarian restaurant with parking facility for ten buses.
- Cafiya Restaurant, Pantheerankavu junction (5 km). ₹45 for Kerala lunch. parking facility.
- Chick Hut Restaurant, opp. Kadavu Resorts, Azhinjilam (3 km). Bus parking faciity
- Golden Bake Restaurant, Bypass Junction (2 km). Meat and fish restaurant with parking facility.
- Hotel Spicy, Azhinjilam. for early morning breakfast on the bypass. Parking facilitiy.
- KTDC Restaurant and Bar, Kallayi Road, Ramanattukara.. Run by the Government.
- Paradise Hotel, Manjeri Road (0.5 km). No parking facility.
- Royal Food, Airport Road, Ramanattukara. (1 km).
- Beer. KTDC Hotel, Ramanattukara.
- Juices. Chick n Lezat. Petta
- Sweet Point Cafe, South side of Airport road, ☏ . ample parking
- Calicut Gate Hotel, Kallayi Road (1 km), ☏ . Suites and AC rooms are available.
- Park Residency, Bypass, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. ₹1,050.
- Sea Palace Lodge, Near Fine Offset Printers, Opp. Bus Station, ☏ . AC Rooms are available.
- Space Residency, Canara Bank Building, Near Popular Automobiles (1 km), ☏ . ₹550.
- Le Moshe inn, spinning mill chelambra, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com.
- Area code international, ☏ .
- Area code national 0 495
- Internet Cafes. There is one internet cafe near Federal Bank on the first floor of Ramanattukara bus station. They are open 9.00 am to 8.00 pm on weekdays and 9.30 am to 7.00 pm on Sundays.
- Feroke, beaches, rivers, tile factories and bird sacutary, 5 km.
- Kondotty, mosques, dargahs and cultural centre, 13 km.
- Kozhikode, major beach city, museums, ancient mosques, 14 km.
- Malappuram, hilltop garden, riverside resorts etc., 35 km.
- Tenhippalam — Headquarters of the University of Calicut, 7 km.