Tenhippalam is a hill town ideal for trekking. A large number of students and teachers from all over India live here because there is a 500-acre campus of the University of Calicut here.
The university buildings are in a 500 acre campus. So take an auto rickshaw from the bus stop. On the way back, you will have to walk. It is good logic to collect the mobile numbers of two or three rikshaw wallahs.
- Beypore Sea walk, Beypore.
- Herbal Medicine Centre, Kottakkal.
- Jankar Ferry Service, Beypore.
- Kadalundi Bird Sanctuary..
- Chelari sea walk (9 km). Take a bus from Tenhipalam to Thazhe Chelari (3 km). Turn from the highway to the western road, cross the bridge and reach Thayyilakadavu Bus Stop. Continue walking west, don't turn left at Koottumuchi Junction, don't turn right at Kodakkad West bus stop, continue walking up to Chettipadi. Walk straight on the beach road and reach Shaikh Shaikh Masjid, Alungal Beach.
- University river walk (4 km). Start from the majestic main gate of the university, walk past the seminar hall and guest house buildings. Turn right from the canteen towards the administrative blocks. Turn left from the Ladies hostel, walk on the western road and reach Olipram Kadavu ferry. Fitness freaks can walk another 9 km to Kadalundy Nagaram beach.
- Le Kanchees speciality restaurant for fish varieties. Near university
- Kadavu Resort, Azhinjilam, ☏ , fax: , WelcomHotelRavizKadavu@itchotels.in.
- Soorya Galaxy, Near Koyas Hospital, Chruvannoor, ☏ , . ₹1,250.