Toucheng (頭城; Tóu'chéng), also Tou-Cheng, is a township in northern Yilan County.
Take Freeway No. 5 and exit at Toucheng interchange after leaving the Hsueshan Tunnel.
Take the “North Railway Line” (北迴鐵路) toward Hualien (往花蓮) and get off at Toucheng station of from Northern Taiwan. Take the “North Railway Line” (北迴鐵路) toward Shulin (往樹林) and get off at Toucheng station if from Eastern Taiwan.
Take Capital Bus (首都客運) or Kamalan bus (葛瑪蘭客運) from Taipei to Yilan. It takes 45~60 minutes from Taipei to Jiaosi township. Once you arrive at Jiaosi station, you can take Kamalan shuttle bus (葛瑪蘭接駁車) or King Bus (國光客運) and transfer to Toucheng.
If you want to travel around Toucheng township, you can rent a bicycle or motorcycle from Jiaoxi station. It cost NT$ 300 for 24 hours a day. You can ride through Highway No. 2 to reach Toucheng township. King Bus (國光客運) also has many stops on the way from Jiaoxi to Toucheng and it cost NT$ 23.
- 1 Lanyang Museum. Th–Tu 09:00–17:00, closed on Wednesday. Certified as a green building. The architectural design combines the museum with the natural environment. The museum is near Wu-shi Harbor, so there is abundant wetland ecology around it including waterfowl and aquatic plants. Besides, the Lanyang Museum is a great place to see Turtle (Gueishan) Island. NT$100.
- Da-xi Honeymoon Bay. Famous site that you will approach when you first enter Toucheng township. It offers surfing and it has national surfing competitions annually. Honeymoon Bay has a great view of Turtle island. The reason why it is named Honeymoon Bay is because you can often see many couples walk along the coast.
- 2 Xietian temple (協天宮), 599 Xietian road. Free.
- Surf. It has a number of places to go surfing such as Honeymoon Bay and the northern side of Wushi Harbour.
- Whale & Dolphin Watching. Boats leave from Wushi Harbor. Booking is essential.
- [dead link] Ocean Lounge Beach House (阿哆仔の海屋), No.36, Ln. 556, Xietian Rd., ☎ . A small B&B and Lounge/Cafe on the beach in Northern Taiwan. Next to WuShiGang Harbor, a fun, casual, place for friends and travelers to hang out and relax near the Ocean. Right on the water, has 5 guest rooms, and the entire building is also available to rent. 1st floor lounge serves pizza and drinks to guests and locals. B&B maximum capacity is 20 guests. The owner is a mellow American ex-pat from California. (Formerly called Starry Summer - 戀夏星空, under previous owner.)
- Sealuv Homestay (真情非凡行館), No.70, Sec. 2, Binhai Rd., ☎ . It has six different types of designed guestrooms for customers to choose and it also provides free transport from Toucheng train station to the B&B.
- Summer (夏天渡假屋), No.423, Sec. 2, Binhai Rd., ☎ . Mediterranean style with a fairy tale theme. It also provides free transport from Toucheng train station to the B&B.
- Xietian temple, ☎ . The temple can host some people in a separate building. See see section for more informations.