Townsend is located on the southern tip of Canyon Ferry Reservoir, a year-round popular spot for boaters and fisherman.
Townsend is 34 miles southeast of Helena at the intersection of US 12 and US 287. Take exit 192 from Interstate 15 in Helena or exit 274 from Interstate 90 near Three Forks.
As a small town, there is no public transportation.
- Broadwater County Museum, 133 N Walnut St, ☏ , email@example.com. May 15-Sept 15: Daily 1-5PM, closed July 4th. free.
Canyon Ferry is a popular recreation area, the reservoir covers 25 miles and there are multiple recreation sites around the reservoir. In the summer, it offers recreation-boating, water skiing, jet skiing, swimming, and fishing. The winter offers ice fishing. The area around Townsend is popular for hunting, and also offers opportunities to hike, camp, ATV, and snowmobile.
- Betsy's Kitchen, 219 Broadway, ☏ . W 11AM-8PM Th-Sa noon-9PM Su noon-7PM.
- Full Belli Deli, 209 S Front St, ☏ . Daily 7:30AM-9PM.
- Penny's Breakfast Station, 316 N Front St, ☏ . Daily 7AM-2PM.
- Canyon Ferry Brewing, 300 Broadway, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mustang Motel, 412 N Front St, ☏ , email@example.com.
- The Silos RV Park & Campground (Townsend/Canyon Ferry Lake KOA), 81 Silos Rd, ☏ , toll-free: , firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Routes through Townsend|
|Missoula ← Helena ←||W E||→ White Sulphur Springs → Miles City|
|Choteau ← Helena ←||N S||→ Three Forks → Yellowstone N.P.|