Interstate 15 runs north and south through Helena's eastern edge. US-12 runs east-west, and is the quickest connection from the Missoula area; US-12/287 leaves Helena to the southeast, towards Townsend and eastbound I-90 and Billings.
Helena Regional Airport (IATA: HLN)  receives scheduled service on Delta to Salt Lake City and Minneapolis, United to Denver, and Alaska/Horizon to Seattle, with some flights passing through Great Falls. The airport is immediately northeast of the city, roughly three miles from downtown.
Greyhound serves Helena, buses stop at City Transit Centre on 1415 N Montana Ave.
A small bus network is provided by Helena Area Transit Service, buses depart once and fares cost $1.50. Also, there's a free shuttle between Capitol Hill Mall and the Capitol Building.
- 1 Cathedral of St. Helena, 530 N. Ewing, ☎ . Daily except during services; Summer tours on Tues, Weds, Thurs..
- The Great Northern Carousel and Ice Cream Parlour is a must do when visiting the historic town of Helena. A hand carved Carousel was built in 2002 with a wide variety of native Montanan animals. They also feature delicious homemade ice cream with flavors like Missouri River Mud, Frog Mint, and Buffalo Jump.
- 2 Montana State Capitol, 1301 E. 6th Ave. Summer, Mon-Sat 9:00, 10:00, 11:00, noon, 1:00 and 2:00, Sun noon, 1:00, 2:00, and 3:00; Winter,Sat only 9:00, 10:00, 11:00, noon, 1:00 and 2:00; Self guided tours Self-guided tours Mon-Sat 8AM-5PM. Free.
- Gates of the Mountains, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. Hours:Can vary monthly, check website for schedule.
- Reeder's Alley historic mining district, Reeder's Alley.
- 3 Old Fire Tower. An Old Fire Tower built in 1876.
- Visit ExplorationWorks a unique, exciting museum of science and culture at the Great Northern Town Center, Downtown Helena. 
- Bill Roberts Municipal Golf Course, 2201 N Benton Ave, ☎ . 18-hole course, open and thriving since 1925.
- Mount Helena. Hike, a large city park overlooking the city.
- Great Divide Snow Sports, ☎ . A ski/snowboard area north of Helena.
- Old Fire Tower. Built in 1876.
- 1 Last Chance Gulch Pedestrian Mall, ☎ . A walking mall including a walk though Helena's history, a small playground and an old train car.
- Capital Hill Mall, 1600 11th Ave, ☎ .
- 1 Silver Star Steak Company, 833 Great Northern Blvd, ☎ . 6 categories of main courses. 5 types of steaks with different portion size options. Extensive wine list.
- 1 Blackfoot River Brewery, 66 South Park Ave, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. 2–8PM, seven days a week.
- 2 The Hawthorn Bottle Shop and Tasting Room, 46 N Last Chance Gulch, ☎ . Bottle shop with a tasting room, fine wines with a down to earth touch.
- 3 Lewis and Clark Brewing, 1517 Dodge Ave, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. 2-8PM, seven days a week. Local brewery, makes ales and lagers
- Elk View Bed and Breakfast, 88 Howard Beer Rd, Clancey (12 mi south of the city, along I-15), ☎ . Check-in: 4PM-7PM, check-out: 11AM. A four room guest room lodge built with logs and set on 450 acres that feels like a park. The lodge has three large fireplaces, a hot tub and sauna. The breakfasts are recommended. $100-$125.
- 1 Jorgenson's Inn & Suites, 1714 11th Ave (between 11th Ave and Prospect Avenue at Lamborn Street (next to Capital Hill Mall)), ☎ . Check-in: 2PM, check-out: 12n. Jorgenson's Inn & Suites is a friendly hotel in the city center. Highlights of the property include free breakfast with every room, a fun bar and casino, an indoor pool, business center and Free Wifi in the main building, free on-site parking, round-trip airport shuttle, laundry facilities, coffee in the lobby, a microwave in the lobby, complimentary newspapers in the lobby and air conditioning in all rooms and public areas. 69.00.
|Routes through Helena|
|Lethbridge ← Great Falls ←||N S||→ Butte → Idaho Falls|
|Missoula ← Elliston ←||W E||→ Forsyth → Miles City|
|Ends at ← Choteau ←||N S||→ Townsend → Three Forks|