Interstate 15 runs north and south through Helena's eastern edge. US-12 runs east-west, and is the quickest connection from the Missoula area; US-12/287 leaves Helena to the southeast, towards Townsend and eastbound I-90 and Billings.
Helena Regional Airport (IATA: HLN)  receives scheduled service on Delta to Salt Lake City and Minneapolis, United to Denver, and Alaska/Horizon to Seattle, with some flights passing through Great Falls. The airport is immediately northeast of the city, roughly three miles from downtown.
- Helena Area Transit Service (HATS). Mon-Fri 7AM to 5PM. $1.50.
- Cathedral of St. Helena, 530 N. Ewing, Lawrence and Warren Sts., ☎ . Daily except during services; Summer tours on Tues, Weds, Thurs..
- The Great Northern Carousel and Ice Cream Parlour is a must do when visiting the historic town of Helena. A hand carved Carousel was built in 2002 with a wide variety of native Montanan animals. They also feature delicious homemade ice cream with flavors like Missouri River Mud, Frog Mint, and Buffalo Jump.
- Montana State Capitol, 1301 E. 6th Ave. Summer, Mon-Sat 9:00, 10:00, 11:00, noon, 1:00 and 2:00, Sun noon, 1:00, 2:00, and 3:00; Winter,Sat only 9:00, 10:00, 11:00, noon, 1:00 and 2:00; Self guided tours Self-guided tours Mon-Sat 8AM-5PM. Free.
- Gates of the Mountains, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Hours:Can vary monthly, check website for schedule.
- Reeder's Alley historic mining district, Reeder's Alley.
- Old Fire Tower. An Old Fire Tower built in 1876.
- Visit ExplorationWorks a unique, exciting museum of science and culture at the Great Northern Town Center, Downtown Helena. 
- Bill Roberts Municipal Golf Course, 2201 N Benton Ave, ☎ . 18-hole course, open and thriving since 1925.
- Mount Helena. Hike, a large city park overlooking the city.
- Great Divide Snow Sports, ☎ . A ski/snowboard area north of Helena.
- Old Fire Tower. Built in 1876.
- Last Chance Gulch Pedestrian Mall, ☎ . A walking mall including a walk though Helena's history, a small playground and an old train car.
- Capital Hill Mall, 1600 11th Ave, ☎ .
- Silver Star Steak Company, 833 Great Northern Blvd, ☎ . 6 categories of main courses. 5 types of steaks with different portion size options. Extensive wine list.
- Blackfoot River Brewery, 66 South Park Ave, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. 2–8PM, seven days a week.
- Lewis and Clark Brewing (Local brewery, makes ales and lagers), 1517 Dodge Ave, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. 2-8PM, seven days a week.
- Elk View Bed and Breakfast, 88 Howard Beer Rd, Clancey (12 mi south of the city, along I-15), ☎ . Check-in: 4PM-7PM, check-out: 11AM. A four room guest room lodge built with logs and set on 450 acres that feels like a park. The lodge has three large fireplaces, a hot tub and sauna. The breakfasts are recommended. $100-$125.
- Park Plaza Hotel, 22 N Last Chance Gulch, toll-free: .
- Walker Creek Retreat, 7871 Clausen Rd, ☎ . Check-in: 4PM, check-out: noon. A large, spacious, secluded lodge with four room guest rooms and a fishing pond. Located at the base of MacDonald Pass. $115-$225.
- Jorgenson's Inn & Suites, 1714 11th Ave (between 11th Ave and Prospect Avenue at Lamborn Street (next to Capital Hill Mall)), ☎ . Check-in: 2PM, check-out: 12n. Jorgenson's Inn & Suites is a friendly hotel in the city center. Highlights of the property include free breakfast with every room, a fun bar and casino, an indoor pool, business center and Free Wifi in the main building, free on-site parking, round-trip airport shuttle, laundry facilities, coffee in the lobby, a microwave in the lobby, complimentary newspapers in the lobby and air conditioning in all rooms and public areas. 69.00.
|Routes through Helena|
|Lethbridge ← Great Falls ←||N S||→ Butte → Idaho Falls|
|Missoula ← Elliston ←||W E||→ Forsyth → Miles City|
|Ends at ← Choteau ←||N S||→ Townsend → Three Forks|