Trenton is a small town in Hancock County in the U.S. state of Maine. It has a population of less than 1500 people and is situated between the county seat of Ellsworth and Mount Desert Island, the location of Acadia National Park. Hancock County-Bar Harbor Airport is in Trenton. The town doesn't really have a center as such, but businesses are mainly spread out along the road between Ellsworth and Mount Desert Island. Most of Trenton (West Trenton) is quite rural.
- 1 Hancock County-Bar Harbor Airport (BHB IATA), ☏ . Located right in Trenton, next to Blue Hill Bay, with direct flights to and from Portland and Boston.
The Cat Ferry has ceased operation.
Travel north up I-95 towards Bangor until Exit 182A, then briefly follow I-395 until Exit 6A leads you on to Route 1A and south 22 miles to Ellsworth and then onwards via Route 3 to Trenton. Alternatively, drive the old but more scenic Route 1 all the way up the Maine coast to Ellsworth, or take I-95 to Exit 113 (just north of Augusta) and pick up Route 3 there. To continue south beyond Trenton, follow the signs towards Bar Harbor and Acadia National Park; a causeway connects Trenton with Mount Desert Island.
- Airport & Harbor Car Service, 440 Oak Point Rd, ☏ .
- Downeast Water Colors, 57 Riverfield Rd, ☏ . Paintings of local scenes by famous local artist Beth Whitney.
- 1 Seal Cove Farm, 202 Partridge Cove Rd, Lamoine. A goat farm located in Seal Cove. Their goat cheese is sold around the Island. High quality products, and over 125 goats. +1 207-667-7127.
- Acadia Air Tours, ☏ . At the Hancock County-Bar Harbor Airport in Trenton, offers scenic flights with both gliders and old-fashioned biplanes that allow you to see the entire Ellsworth, Bar Harbor and Acadia National Park area from a unique perspective. Operates year round.
- [dead link] SeaScape Kayaking Tours & Instructions, 1147 Bar Harbor Rd (perating at the Open Hearth Inn), ☏ .
- Maine's Own Treats, 68 Bar Harbor Rd, ☏ . Maine-made jams, jellies & maple syrup.
- Maine-ly Maine Gift Shop, 33 Bar Harbor Rd, ☏ . Nautical items, souvenirs, clothes, lighthouse models, homemade fudge, jams, taffy, maple syrup, Minnetonka moccasins, Maine tourmaline, lobster traps and buoys.
- Country Store Antiques, 410 Bar Harbor Rd, ☏ .
- Starry Night Antiques, 1147 Bar Harbor Rd, ☏ .
- Sewing by the Sea, 11 Periwinkle Ln, ☏ . Fabrics for quilts, garments, outerwear and home décor, plus notions, patterns and books and Pfaff sewing machines.
- Phil Alley's Acadia Weathervanes, 749 Bar Harbor Rd, toll-free: .
- Bar Harbor Weathervanes and Cupolas, 852 Bar Harbor Rd, toll-free: .
- Black Sheep Trading Company, 727 Bar Harbor Rd, ☏ . Sheepskin products.
- Wood-N-Needles, 183 Jordan River Rd, ☏ .
- Trenton Market Place, 1007 Bar Harbor Rd, ☏ . IGA supermarket.
- Gateway Lunt's Lobster Pound, 1133 Bar Harbor Rd (across Rte. 3 from the airport at intersection of Rte. 230), ☏ . Seasonal. Indoor and outdoor dining, fabulous lobster rolls.
- Trenton Bridge Lobster Pound, 1237 Bar Harbor Rd (near the bridge to Thompson Island and Mount Desert Island), ☏ . Supplier of lobsters, clams, sea scallops and crabmeat, with seasonally open restaurant. Famous local institution, in business for more than 50 years. Operates one of the few local web cams.
- [dead link] Trenton Lobster Pound & Real Pit BBQ, 324 Bar Harbor Rd., ☏ . 11AM to 9PM. Seasonal. Maine lobster pound and Texas BBQ (pulled pork, ribs, chicken, excellent beef brisket). Indoor and outdoor seating. Dog-friendly.
- [dead link] Acadia Gateway Motel, 329 Bar Harbor Rd, ☏ . Motel & cottages.
- Open Hearth Inn, 1147 Bar Harbor Rd (near the airport), ☏ . Open year round.
- Sunrise Motel, 952 Bar Harbor Rd (near the airport), ☏ . Open from May to October only.
- Isleview Motel and Cottages, 1169 Bar Harbor Rd, ☏ . Cabins, motel and budget rooms open May to October
- Acadia Information Center, Route 3, ☏ . Very useful and absolutely free assistance in planning your visit to the Acadia National Park region
- Trenton Town Hall, 59 Oak Point Rd, ☏ .
- Beautiful Acadia National Park is right next door on Mount Desert Island about ten minutes away by car.
- Shopping can be done in Ellsworth, 5 minutes north up Route 3.
- Blue Hill
- Bar Harbor
|Routes through Trenton|
|Augusta ← Ellsworth ←||W E||→ Bar Harbor → Ends at|