Jump to navigation Jump to search
Unalakleet is a large town along Norton Sound at the mouth of the Unalakleet River.
There are a few ways into Unalakleet, including:
- The Iditarod Trail.
- The Unalakleet Airport (UNK IATA). There are flights from Nome with Bering Air. They also operate flights to other nearby smaller communities.
- There is also a winter trail that goes from St. Michael.
The town is small enough that you could walk, but you could also drive if you have a car there, or you could even use a bicycle.
- Peace On Earth, 107 West Beach Rd, ☏ +1 907 624-3373.
- Cool Beans TNCO, 177 Oceanview Dr, ☏ +1 907-624-3603.
- Unalakleet River Lodge, 10 miles upriver from Unalakleet, ☏ +1 907-624-3031, toll-free: +1-800-995-1978, firstname.lastname@example.org. The Unalakleet River Lodge is a remote luxury fishing lodge in the northwestern bush of Alaska. The lodge is 10 miles (16 km) up river from the Village of Unalakleet. Daily scheduled air service is provided by PenAir between Anchorage and Unalakleet. $5,300 per person for one week.
- Maggie's Hotel, 206 Main St, ☏ +1 907 624-3035.
- Unalakleet Covenant Church, Main St.
- Kaltag, the next town going east on the Iditarod Trail
- Shaktoolik, the next town going west on the Iditarod Trail
- St. Michael, a town accessible from Unalakleet by a winter trail
- Nome is to the northwest.
|Routes through Unalakleet|
|Nome ← Shaktoolik ←||W E||→ Kaltag → Iditarod|