Looking for something?
Hi, I noticed you moved my two restaurant reviews from the southern Maryland section to a new Prince Frederick page. Two questions: 1) if restaurant reviews should be listed in specific towns why is there an "Eat" section in the regional article; and 2) One restaurant, Stoney's, isn't actually in or particularly near Prince Frederick, it's a good 15 miles away. The town it *is* in isn't even incorporated. - firstname.lastname@example.org, 9 March 2009
Okay, got it. Broome's Island and Saint Leonard are both probably too small for their own listings, so Prince Frederick it is. BTW, when discussing things, is this how it's done? One person posts to the other person's talk page? - email@example.com
Hey, you suggested moving my Silver Spring photo off the site given the policy of people in pictures. I should like to note that it is me and my spouse presented in the picture. Given that information, I should have perhaps protected it under a different type of copyright and if it is appropriate for me to do so please let it be known.
Noticed that you took down my revisions of hostels in Paris. I visited the new St Christopher's Inns there and it's worth mentioning... Talk
- Perhaps, but since Paris is a huge city, specific listings belong in the district articles. (WT-en) Jonboy 11:34, 28 February 2008 (EST)
Cool, that's probably worth it. I was speaking to the manager there who said it took 7 years to build! It's an amazing building. —The preceding comment was added by (WT-en) Travelempire (talk • contribs)
I am trying to reshuffle the DC districts a bit and I thought I would solicit your advice regarding a comprehensive districts proposal for DC. Thanks! --(WT-en) Peter Talk 15:12, 10 January 2008 (EST)
You mean Cecil County? I know next to nothing about that section of the state except for driving through it on I-95, so I'll defer to the office of tourism and move it to the Eastern Shore. I'm flirting with the idea of starting a Wikivoyage:Project to make either Maryland or the Mid-Atlantic the site's first star-region, which will be tough work! The main challenge is making all linked destinations at least guide status. --(WT-en) Peter Talk 19:38, 6 March 2008 (EST)
- Hey, I created a Project:Maryland Expedition and though you might be interested in joining. It'll be a long haul operation, but it would be great to get Maryland up to guide status—right now there isn't a single guide-level region article on Wikivoyage! --(WT-en) Peter Talk 20:37, 9 March 2008 (EDT)
- I was leaning towards declaring retrocession a fait accompli on Wikivoyage, simply because I'm sick of having a hard time explaining where I'm from, having grown up 5 minutes across the DC border, but I suppose you're right. I also added our 9 cities to the region map—if you think it hurts the aesthetic, let me know (I haven't made up my mind). In any rate, I will be adding a destination map with all the cities, other destinations, and major roadways between them relatively soon. --(WT-en) Peter Talk 13:21, 14 March 2008 (EDT)
Thanks for cleaning that up—sometimes when I see an unsorted hotel list on an undistricted large city page like that, I get kind of dejected about getting it in order. I agree strongly that Baltimore would benefit from districts. I've been meaning to try and create an easy to use neighborhoods map of the city—I'll try and get that done and then propose a scheme. --(WT-en) Peter Talk 21:56, 14 March 2009 (EDT)
I tried to put together a Wikivoyage style map for the county, which brought up a few questions in my mind. If you get a chance, please take a look at the discussion. Thanks! --(WT-en) Peter Talk 23:39, 18 March 2010 (EDT)
I've merged User:(WT-en) Jonboy to this account. I moved your user page and talk page to User:Jonboy/saved and User talk:Jonboy/saved so that the old pages could be moved over, so please manually merge or delete the "saved" pages as you see fit. -- Ryan • (talk) • 23:15, 21 February 2013 (UTC)
Please stop If you want to categorize yourself as a docent, go ahead. If you want to use a userbox that says that you are one, that's also fine. But this template is for guides, not userpages. See the category's instructions. This is a really straightforward matter of maintenance and there's no reason to take offense. —Justin (koavf)❤T☮C☺M☯ 04:18, 11 November 2013 (UTC)
- Categorization I've edited the template so that it only categorizes in the main namespace. We should be all good from now on, if you want your name to appear as a docent for your own userpage. —Justin (koavf)❤T☮C☺M☯ 05:26, 12 November 2013 (UTC)
Hi Jonboy, Welcome on-board the banner expedition :) Nice banners! Did you know there is the possibility to add the banner file name to wikidata, so that the banner is shareable automatically between different language versions? It can be done via left panel - data item. There it is possible to add Wikivoyage banners. Cheers, Danapit (talk) 18:11, 20 November 2013 (UTC)
- Thanks for the tip. I should really read all the way through these pages. --Jonboy (talk) 19:28, 20 November 2013 (UTC)
Upload files, Upload Wizard?
An award for you!
|The Wikivoyage Barncompass|
|Great images and help Downspec (talk) 19:37, 11 December 2016 (UTC)|