North America > United States of America > Florida > Florida Panhandle > Emerald Coast
The Emerald Coast is located in the Florida Panhandle and is also called the Miracle Strip, includes Okaloosa, Walton, and Bay counties. The Pensacola area (Escambia and Santa Rosa counties) is also often included in this area. This region is also informally known as the "Redneck Riviera".
South Walton Beach 30A
This 15 mile beach road between Panama City Beach and Sandestin is a relatively unknown jewel consisting of first class development totally rewriting the idea of "Redneck Rivera".
- DeFuniak Springs
- Fort Walton Beach
- Mexico Beach
- Panama City
- Panama City Beach
- Apalachicola National Forest
- The Beach is absolutely beautiful on the Emerald Coast in Destin and Fort Walton Beach.
- Museum Of Man In The Sea.
- South Walton Beach 30A, 15 mile beach road. This road between Panama City Beach and Sandestin is a relatively unknown scenic route.
- Choctawhatchee National Forest
- Gulf Islands National Seashore
1 Britton Hill - Highest natural point in Florida. It is in the northern part of the county, about half a mile from the Alabama border. Lakewood Park was built on the spot on the west side of CR 285. It contains a stone monument marking the spot. Oddly, there is not much signage on the roads to help find Britton Hill.
- Camp Helen State Park. A Florida State Park and historic site located west of Panama City Beach, in northwestern Florida. The park is south of U.S. 98, and bounded by the Gulf of Mexico and Lake Powell (one of the largest coastal dune lakes in the state). The park has such amenities as beaches, birding, beachcombing, boating, canoeing, fishing, hiking, kayaking, picnicking areas, swimming and wildlife viewing. It also has a visitor center and an interpretive exhibit.
- Deer Lake State Park.
- Eden Gardens State Park. A 115 acre Florida State Park and historic site located in Point Washington, south of Freeport, off U.S. 98 on CR 395, in northwestern Florida.
- Grayton Beach State Park.
- Topsail Hill Preserve State Park.
- St. Andrews State Park.
- SS Tarpon shipwreck.
- Vamar shipwreck.