Jump to navigation Jump to search
Intercity Coachlines operate bus services from Auckland to Warkworth every day. Tickets can be purchased online or throughout the country at numerous agents including the i-site network.
- Kawau Island is a short ferry trip away. There you can visit the historic Mansion House, go hiking and enjoy the colourful peacocks. Kawau Cruises runs several different boat services from Sandspit, 8 km from Warkworth.
- Sheepworld, State Highway One (4 km north of Warkworth). Every day except 25 Dec 9AM-5PM. Shows sheep shearing and mustering and sells sheep-related goods and foods. $26.
- Wineries include Mahurangi Estate, Heron's Flight, and Ascension.
- Omaha Beach.
- Horseback riding at Warkworth.
- Leigh, including Goat Island marine reserve and Pakiri Beach
- Puhoi, a small country village 16 km to the south, just off State Highway 1 on the way to Auckland
- Wellsford, the next town to the north on State Highway 1