Intercity Coachlines operate bus services from Auckland to Warkworth every day. Tickets can be purchased online or throughout the country at numerous agents including the i-site network.
The Naked Bus has a route going north from Auckland including Warkworth. These only run once per day.
- Sheepworld, State Highway One (4 km north of Warkworth). Every day except 25 Dec 9AM-5PM. Shows sheep shearing and mustering and sells sheep-related goods and foods. $26.
- Wineries include Mahurangi Estate, Heron's Flight, and Ascension.
- Omaha Beach.
- Horseback riding at Warkworth.
- Leigh, including Goat Island marine reserve and Pakiri Beach
- Wellsford, the next town to the north on State Highway 1
- Kawau Island is a short ferry trip away. There you can visit the historic Mansion House, go hiking and enjoy the colourful peacocks.