Oceania > New Zealand > North Island > Auckland Region > Warkworth
The town centre is on the Mahurangi River, at its highest navigable point. The Visitor Information Centre is in the centre of town.
- 1 Warkworth i-SITE Visitor Information Centre, 1 Baxter St.
Intercity Coachlines operate bus services from Auckland to Warkworth every day. Tickets can be purchased online or throughout the country at numerous agents including the i-site network.
- 1 Kawau Island. is a short ferry trip away. There you can visit the historic Mansion House, go hiking and enjoy the colourful peacocks. Kawau Cruises runs several different boat services from Sandspit, 8 km from Warkworth.
- 2 Omaha Beach.
- 3 Sculptureum, 40 Omaha Flats Rd, Matakana. W–M 10am–5pm. Art, gardens, food and wine. Adult $39, child (6–16) $19.
- 4 Sheepworld, State Highway 1 (4 km north of Warkworth). Every day except 25 Dec 9AM-5PM. Shows sheep shearing and mustering and sells sheep-related goods and foods. $26.
- 5 Warkworth Museum, Parry Kauri Park, Tudor Collins Drive. Daily except Good Fri and 25 Dec 10am–4pm (daylight saving time), 10am–3pm (standard time). Adult $7, child (6–16) $3.
- Horseback riding at Warkworth.
- Wineries include Mahurangi Estate, Heron's Flight, and Ascension.
- Leigh, including Goat Island marine reserve and Pakiri Beach
- Puhoi, a small country village 16 km to the south, just off State Highway 1 on the way to Auckland
- Wellsford, the next town to the north on State Highway 1