Both Wasserbillig and nearby Mertert lie along the A1/E44 highway. Exit 14 of which serves Mertert, and exit 15 serves Wasserbillig. Alternatively, the N1 and N10 come together in Wasserbillig, following the same road until Grevenmacher, where the N1 heads for Luxembourg City, and the N10 heads for Schengen. To the north side of Wasserbillig the N10 connects to Echternach and Vianden, terminating near Clervaux
Both the 1 Mertert train station and 2 Wasserbillig train station are located on CFL line 3, which connects Luxembourg City to Trier and runs every hour. Busses connect the Wasserbillig train station to Echternach, Rosport, Grevenmacher and Trier. Alternatively you could take the ferry across the Moselle to the German 3 Oberbillig, which has a train station connecting to Konz and Trier in the east, and following the Moselle up until the border tripoint of Luxembourg, Germany and France.
Rentabile Miselerland [dead link] is the region's go-to for renting bikes, which is a popular mode of transport, especially amongst tourists. They have rental stations in Wasserbillig and Mertert, as well as most other towns along the Moselle.
- 1 Rentabike Miselerland (Deutsch-Luxemburgische Tourist-Information), Moselstrasse 1, Langsur-Wasserbilligerbrück, ☏ .
- 2 Rentabike Miselerland (Camping Schützwiese), 8 Rue de la Sûre, ☏ .
- 3 Rentabike Miselerland (Camping Le Parc), 31 Rue du Parc, ☏ .
- The official Circular Walk of Mertert. 10.3 km (6.4 mi), passes by the Moselle River, through vineyards, and atop a nearby hill for a good view of the valley.
- 1 Esso, Autoroute E44 Luxembourg-Tréves (A1 just before German border). ExxonMobil's largest petrol station due to lower fuel tax.
- 1 Fischer, 50 Grand-Rue, ☏ .
- 2 Bella Calabria, 2 Route de Luxembourg, ☏ .
- 3 Da Massimo, 2 Rue Sandkaul, Mertert, ☏ .
- 4 Pizza Hut Mertert, 20-24 Route de Wasserbillig, Mertert, ☏ .
- 5 Trois Quarts, 4 Place de la Gare, Mertert, ☏ .
- 6 Zur Fähre Gaststätte, Moselstraße 57, Oberbillig, ☏ .
- 1 Café An der Klensch, 14 Grand-Rue.
- 2 Café bei der Kierch, 44 Grand-Rue, ☏ .
- 3 Queens, 5 Rue des Bateliers.
- 1 Camping Schützwiese, 41 Rue des Romains, ☏ .
- 2 Camping du Parc, 31 Rue du Parc, Mertert.
- 3 Reza's Restaurant Moselbistro Gästehaus, Moselstraße 45, Oberbillig, ☏ . €70.
- Continue up or down the Route du Vin, either by car, by bike or on foot, on the Luxembourgish side of the Moselle River. Going south you will come across Grevenmacher, Remich and Schengen.
- Both by car or public transit, you can easily get to Trier, from which most of Germany is easily reachable. On the journey there, you'll also come across the small town of Konz, best known for its open air museum.
- Head up the Sauer, passing by Echternach, Diekirch, Ettelbruck and Esch-sur-Sûre.
|Routes through Wasserbillig|
|Luxembourg City ← Grevenmacher ←||W E||→ Trier|
|Schengen ← Grevenmacher ←||N S||→ Echternach → Clervaux|
|Luxembourg City ← Luxembourg-Findel Airport ←||W E||→ Mertert → Trier|
|Schengen/Perl ← Grevenmacher/Wellen ←||S N||→ Trier|