Wayne is a city in New Jersey and home of William Paterson University.
You can drive a car or take the bus. Three NJ Transit lines runs through this pickle of a town: the 197, the 744 and 748. Schedules and fares can be obtained on NJ Transit's website.
- Dey Mansion Museum, 199 Totowa Road, ☎ . Wed-Fri 1-4pm, Sat-Sun 10-12pm 1-4pm. George Washington made his headquarters in Northern New Jersey at Dey Mansion. Washington's letters refer to Dey Mansion as "Head Quarters, Pracaness [Preakness]". After the arrival of the French army in July 1780, Washington was urged by the French commander against immediately attacking New York City. Washington instead concentrated on coordinating allied war efforts. In 1781 he launched, in cooperation with the comte de Rochambeau and the comte d'Estaing, the brilliantly planned and executed Yorktown Campaign against Charles Cornwallis. The Yorktown campaign was critical in securing the eventual American victory.
- Van Riper Hopper House, 533 Berdan Ave, ☎ . Built in 1786 by Uriah Van Riper for his bride Maria (Polly) Berdan, this New Jersey Dutch colonial house offers a rare walk back in time.
The farmstead includes an historical herb garden, Archeology Laboratory, and Albert Payson Terhune Collection. Five lower rooms contain furniture representing different periods. Several artifacts make it easy to imagine succeeding generations living in the house until it was acquired by Wayne Township. Located on its original site, the museum represents the agricultural society that dominated Wayne for over 200 years. This historic house is on the state and national register.
This historic building is one of three owned and managed by Wayne Township to preserve and display their heritage. This home was built in 1786 by Uriah Van Riper and is a good example of New Jersey Dutch Colonial architecture. Located at the same address, the Mead-Van Duyne house was built around 1740, and is, like the Van Riper-Hopper House, on the National Register of Historic Homes.
- Schuyler Colfax Historic House Museum, 2343 Hamburgh Tpk, ☎ . Built in 1695-96 by settler Arent Schuyler, this is the oldest home in Wayne.
It is one of a few colonial homesteads built before 1700 on the east coast, which was never sold out of original ownership for eight generations. Each generation produced military, medical, legal and governmental representatives, leaving behind records and artifacts. Visitors are invited to schedule an interactive, interpretive tour of the home. This house, which is Wayne’s oldest, was built in 1695 by Ardent Schuyler, one of the leaders of the original settlement. William Colfax, who married Hester Schuyler in 1783, gave the house the Colfax name.
- Willowbrooke Mall, 1400 Willowbrooke Mall, ☎ . 10am-9pm. Shop around at various stores including Bloomingdales and Macy's
- Ice Vault, 10 Nevins Road, ☎ . 11am-9pm. Go ice skating or play ice hockey on the two ice rinks. Food and refreshments are also offered at the snack bar.
- Nisha Salon and Spa, 1055 Hamburgh Tpk, ☎ . 9am-6pm. Enjoy the luxiours spa by getting a facial or massage. You can also visit the salon to get waxing and nail treatments.
- T-Bowl Lanes, 300 Preakness Shopping Center, ☎ . 10am-1am. Enjoy the 20 lanes, bar, and arcade!
- Clearview Cinemas, 1220 Hampburgh Tpk, ☎ . 10am-11pm. See a movie in one of the 5 theaters. Also enjoy refreshments and candies at the snack bar. Have your child's birthday party in the party room, or just enjoy the mini arcade!
- North Jersey Country Club, 594 Hamburgh Tpk, ☎ . North Jersey Country Club is an 18-hole regulation length golf course in Wayne, New Jersey. This medium-length layout has 3 sets of teeboxes for a fun, but challenging golfing experience. Online tee times may be available at North Jersey Country Club or at nearby golf courses, usually offered at a discount from the normal rate.
- Preakness Hills Country Club, 1050 Ratzer Road, ☎ . This tree-lined course features narrow fairways. The terrain is hilly, so expect uneven lines. Tee times are only reserved for the weekends. Guests must be accompanied by a club member in order to play this course. This club once hosted a Senior PGA Tour event.
- Santa Train Rides in New Jersey, Route 23 Southbound & West Belt Parkway, Wayne 07470, ☎ . In early December we run our 1½ hour Santa Claus Train Rides in northern New Jersey. Everyone has time to enjoy Santa Claus & other cartoon characters! Santa Claus will Ho Ho Ho his way through the train & visit each child giving them a special gift from his bag. In addition each child can have their picture taken with Santa Claus so they can always remember their ride, so bring your cameras. $9 and $13.
- Positano's, 245 Berdan Ave, ☎ . Italian style restaurant
- Bensi, 620 Hamburg Turnpike, ☎ . Sun-Thu. Family-style Italian-American cuisine.
- Nori, 87 Berdan Ave, ☎ . Tues-Sun 11am-10pm. Japanese style restaurant
- Taka, 777 Hamburgh Tpk, ☎ . 12pm-10pm. Japanese and Hibachi
- Sunrise Bagels, 233 Berdan Ave, ☎ . 6am-3pm. Enjoy breakfast or lunch at this top rated bagel shop! Located in Corrados shopping center next to Vit-a-life!
- Greenhouse Cafe, 611 Ratzer Rd, ☎ . The beers range from bottled imported beer to beer on tap and its fine list of wine's. Has both a bar menu and a regular menu.
- Casey O’Tooles, 862 Hamburg Turnpike, ☎ . Mixed drinks or beer
- Tap House, 344 French Hill Road, ☎ . 11am-1am. Enjoy a wide variety of beers and delicious grill style food.
- Sushi Lounge, 235 U.S. 46, ☎ . 5pm-2am. Enjoy small plates and fine wines and liquors at the bar at this trendy location.
- Ramada Wayne Fairfield Way, 334 RT. 46 EAST, Wayne, NJ- 07470, toll-free: .
- Residence Inn Marriott, 30 Nevins Road. Two bedroom suites and all include free WiFi, kitchen with appliances, and flat screen televisions. Residence Inn offers free breakfast each morning
|Routes through Wayne|
|Dover ← Fairfield ←||W E||→ Paterson → New York City|
|Peekskill ← Lincoln Park ←||N S||→ Montville → Parsippany|
|Dover ← Lincoln Park ←||W E||→ Montclair → New York City|