Jump to navigation Jump to search
Weatherford is a city in the Cross Timbers region of Texas. It is the county seat of Parker County.
- Greyhound, 1201 W Interstate 20. Tickets aren't sold at this stop (buy them online or at another station).
The principal way to get around town is by automobile. Traffic is often light and driving is thus typically not a challenge.
Parking is plentiful in downtown areas and usually free of charge
- 1 National Vietnam War Museum, 12685 Mineral Wells Hwy, ☏ +1 940-325-4003. Daily 9AM-1PM (Tu until 5PM). Memorial and meditation gardens, and a visitors center with a small gallery are open during the construction of this new museum that aims to foster understanding of this war.
- 2 Chandor Gardens, 711 W Lee Ave, ☏ +1 817 613-1700. M-F 9AM-5PM, Sa 9AM-3PM, Su Noon-4PM. English gardens and Chinese style architecture are a part of this estate. $5 (free if under 13).
- 3 Doss Heritage and Culture Center, 1400 Texas Dr, ☏ +1 817 599-6168. Tu-W and F-Sa 10AM-5PM, Th 10AM-8PM. A Texas history museum, well, particularly, life as they saw it here in Parker County. Think windmills and pistols. Free ($5 for guided tour).
- 4 Parker County Courthouse. Parker County has a very ostentatious-looking courthouse, in Second Empire style.
- 1 Splash Kingdom Hudson Oaks, 1001 Cinema Dr, ☏ +1 817-598-0777. General $20.95, Under 42 in, Seniors (65+), and Military $15.95.
- 2 Holland Lake Park, 1419 Holland Lake Dr, ☏ +1 817 598-4124. Daily 6AM-10PM. This is a pretty elaborate park with a large pond, hiking trails, and even some log cabins to explore.
- Parker County Peach Festival, Downtown Weatherford, TX, ☏ +1 817-596-3801. 8AM-4PM Second Saturday in July. The Parker County Peach Festival is a premiere Texas one day event. A variety of times are available including fresh produce of locally grown peaches. Some of the favorites at the festival are the homemade ice cream, peach cobbler, and the number of local vendors selling their wares. There traditionally has been a bicycle event that conincides with this one. Contact Weatherford Chamber of Commerce for the most up to date details prior to making reservations to come.
- 1 Clarion Inn & Suites Weatherford South, 1911 Wall St, ☏ +1 817 594-9699. Indoor pool and hot tub on premises. $85 (Jan 2022).
|Routes through Weatherford|
|Midland ← Abilene ←||W E||→ Fort Worth → Dallas|
|Lamesa ← Mineral Wells ←||W E||→ Ends at|