North America > United States of America > Midwest > Wisconsin > Southeast Wisconsin > West Bend
West Bend is a city of 30,000 people in Southeast Wisconsin.
Located 45 minutes north of Milwaukee on Highway 45, but south of Fond du Lac. The Washington County Commuter Express provides multiple buses daily between West Bend and Milwaukee, one way for $3. Charter flights are available at West Bend Airport.
West Bend is a pedestrian friendly community. The Milwaukee River meanders through on its way to Lake Michigan. The community has developed a bike trail, river walk, and a vibrant downtown. It is a popular destination on warm Thursday nights to hear music and Saturday mornings for the Farmer's Market. There is also a taxi service in West Bend. Taxis have to be scheduled early to pick you up. They will almost always be very late however, so it is best to avoid the taxi service if at all possible.
- Museum of Wisconsin Art, 300 South 6th Ave. Across the street from the Old courthouse and the Library. The museum is open Wednesday thru Sunday. Admission is $5.00 for adults, $3.00 for senior citizens and students..
- [dead link]The Eisenbahn State Trail.
- Ridge Run County Park.
- [dead link]Regner Park, 800 N. Main Street. West Bend's most popular park. Located just a few blocks north of Downtown, this large park features the city's swimming pool (it becomes an ice skating rink in winter), baseball field, many walking trails, playgrounds, soccer fields, tennis courts as well as many other interesting things. Many concerts and events are also held in the park during the summer months.
- West Bend Library, 630 Poplar Street.
- [dead link]Kettle Moraine Jazz Festival.
- [dead link]Old Courthouse Museum, 320 S. 5th Avenue.
- [dead link]Old Sheriff's Residence and Jail Museum, 320 S. 5th Avenue. Tours are given Monday through Friday. Tickets cost $2.00 per person.
- [dead link]The West Bend Company/Regal Ware Museum, 18 E. Washington St.
West Bend's downtown is the best place to find many unique shops and restaurants. The shops downtown change often.
For larger retail outlets check Main Street and Paradise Ave. These larger stores include: Walmart, Menards, Home Depot, Kohl's, Shopko, Lane Bryant, Dress Barn, Elder Beerman's, as well as many others.
- Cafe Soeurette, 111 N Main Street, ☎ .
- Super 8.
- Americinn Hotel.
- Country Inn & Suites.
|Routes through West Bend|
|Oshkosh ← Fond du Lac ←||N S||→ Richfield → Milwaukee|
|Portage ← Allenton ←||W E||→ Newburg → Port Washington|