Jump to navigation Jump to search
The West Rand is home to the deepest mine in the world. TauTona (near Carltonville) operates at a depth of 3.9 km, surpassing the previous 3.7-km record held by the Savuka mine in the North West Province.
Visit a goldmine
- Kromdraai Gold Mine, Ibis Ridge Farm (12 km north of Krugersdorp), ☏ .
- Blaauwbank Historic Gold Mine, Station Road, Magaliesburg, ☏ , fax: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Johannesburg Skydiving Club, Carltonville outside Johannesburg, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Mostly uses a Pilatus Porter (PC 6).
- [formerly dead link] Magaliesburg Gliding Club, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Based just outside Krugersdorp on the West Rand.
- Tarlton International Raceway (Follow the R24 from Krugersdorp towards Magaliesburg. Tarlton is about halfway between the two towns), ☏ . Gates generally open at 8AM on race days. Home to spectacular drag racing. See their website for upcoming events. Price depends on event, but is usually around R60 per person.