The North-West Province, provides a link between South Africa and Botswana. The province is the largest platinum production area in the world, and its Stelland area is the "Texas of South Africa" with some of the biggest cattle herds in the world.
- 1 Mafikeng - The capital of the North West Province
- 2 Hartbeespoort
- 3 Rustenburg
- 4 Taung
- 1 Sun City - South Africa's Las Vegas, with casino, golf course and adventure area.
- Groot Marico - typical small farm village, famous for literature and Mampoer
- 2 Pilanesberg National Park - small park, easy to reach from Johannesburg. Has the Big Five
- Marakele Game Reserve - approx 8 km north of Thabazimbie
Other nature reserves
- Madikwe Game Reserve - in the north of the province
The N12 highway runs from Kimberley trough the eastern part of the province (Klerksdorp, Potchefstroom) to Johannesburg. The N14 from Upington joins the N12 in Wolmaranstaad. The N4 runs through the north of the province. It comes from Gaborone in Botswana, goes through Zeerust and Rustenburg and from there to the north of Pretoria.
The airport of Pilanesberg/Sun City offers flights to Johannesburg.
The capital city of Mmabatho/Mafikeng has regular flights operated by South African Airways to Johannesburg.
Greyhound and Translux offer bus connections from other provinces.
- Rock Climbing
- SkyDive Rustenburg - based at Rustenburg Airfield. Enjoy a scenic flight over Rustenburg and the Magaliesberg on the climb to 12,000 ft (3,700 m), 40 seconds in freefall attached to a tandem master, and a 5-minute parachute ride back to earth. +27 (0)79 345 7058 SkyDive.Rustenburg@gmail.com 
- Zip 2000 (Also known as a ZipSlide, ZipWire, FlyingFoxes or Foefie Slide), Sun City (Follow N4 toward Rustenburg, follow the signs along the R556 to Sun City), ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. Tu-Su 9AM, 11AM, 1PM, 3PM. At 2 km this is the longest zipslide in the world. During the slide you will reach speeds up to 140 km/h. Departures are from the Sun City Welcome centre. R295 per person.